• Announcements

• REDivivus.WRAITH

APS NEEDS YOUR HELP FOR 2019!!!   11/05/18

Hello APS'ters It's been more than 10 years APS staff has been keeping this place alive and kickin ass from the rest!!!  And now is the time for us to ask help from all of you who are enjoying this place. APS are looking for generous members who are willing to show some support and love to raise funds for our VPS hosting and domain name fees. We would like to make the most contributions as much as we can and use all of it for " VPS hosting and Domain name fees" ONLY (no personal interest/expenses) We want to keep this community alive and that wouldn't be possible without your help. We won't be promising any VIP access or whatsoever for monetary contributions. But....... we can assure you that your contributions big or small can keep this place alive and We will give you an APS Supporter (yellow pants) to give credits and recognition sa inyong tulong! and that's the only thing we can promise you. If you are feeling generous today feel free to send your contributions to our PAYPAL account. (ANY AMOUNT ARE WELCOME) PAYPAL: allpinoystuff2017@yahoo.com If you have any questions comment on this thread or Feel free to send me or any Admins/Supreme Mods a PM. If you have contributed or will be contributing please let us know so we can directly say "thank you" to you. Thanks in advance and more power to APS!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noturextraordinaryguy

Favorite Movie Soundtrack

20 posts in this topic

2cMrX.jpg

What happens if you take something good and add it to something just as good? No, not a samaritan, but film OST of course. What, after all, can be better than music and film combined?

With that in mind, let's compiled the one you think is considered as the best soundtrack ever. It could be any song or theme that let's you say, "Wait, I know that song, that's from the movie ---" You get to have your say below. :)

Almost Famous - Tiny Dancer

https://youtu.be/D9Vv1Yrma54

Edited by Rockpen
Please encode your links next time. Our forum prohibits live links.

1. Stayin' Alive - The Bee Gees, Saturday Night Fever

2. Gonna Fly Now - Bill Conti, Rocky

3. Secret Garden - Bruce Springsteen, Jerry Maguire

4. Live and Let Die - Paul McCartney and Wings, Live and Let Die

Special mention to Diane Warren-penned songs (there are A LOT) that make up the majority of my pre-pubescent education in cinephilia:

How Do I Live - Con Air

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Armageddon

There You'll Be - Pearl Harbor

Way back then I really liked the soundtrack for the three Matrix movies but listening to it now...yeah, well it's a product of it's time. But for a brief moment, I had that in my playlist on repeat.

Cliff Martinez's soundtrack for Drive is my current favorite. I listen to it regularly. For the life of me, I didn't think there will be a time I would like synth pop.

Open Arms (Journey) - The Last American Virgin 1982

(They long to be) Close to you (Corrinne May) - So Close 2002

Once upon a time in the west (Ennio Morricone) - Once upon a time in the west 1972

Broken Wings (Mr. Mister) - Band of the Hand 1986

(I've had) The Time of My Life (Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes) - Dirty Dancing 1987

Show Me the Money (Petey Pablo) - Step Up 2006

Down the Road (C2C) - Step Up All In 2014

Bring On The Dancing Horses (Echo & The Bunnymen) / Left Of Center (Suzzanne Vega) - Pretty In Pink 1986

Love Will Tear Us Apart (Joy Division) - 24 Hour Party People

Speak Softly Love (Nino Rota) - The Godfather 1972

I will always love you (Whitney Houston) - The Bodyguard 1992

When Doves Cry (Prince) - Purple Rain 1984

And from the all-time chart topping OST of them all...

Somewhere (The Supremes) - The West Side Story 1961

Dami pa eh... yan na lang muna hehe :D

The Once soundtrack I forgot that one. The movie's good too. Despite the somber tone of the movie, it kinda makes you want to go out into the world and experience life...then the ugly reality of bills, debts, and disappointments creeps back in :(

Falling Slowly is my favorite among the songs on that album of course  :) followed by Lies. I think some of the songs are also in their other album, The Swell Season.

any Ennio Morricone composed soundtrack.

I usually look for the OST after watching a movie usually good from:

Zimmer, Goldsmith, Williams, Giachino, Horner, Shore, Elfman,

Djawadi for GOT

holaskuloo likes this

Bad Boys II Soundtrack-Shake Ya Tail feather
(first movie i saw with SPG stuff) and bromance of course 

Tick tick boom - The Hives
from Jumper too bad the movie ratings suck they did not make a sequel of it too bad

Movie:Never Back Down

False Pretense -Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Movie: Straight Outta Compton

F**k tha Police- N.W.A

Boyz N the Hood-Eazy E

No Vaseline - Ice cube

On 8/1/2016 at 10:16 AM, asim0 said:

any Ennio Morricone composed soundtrack.

I usually look for the OST after watching a movie usually good from:

Zimmer, Goldsmith, Williams, Giachino, Horner, Shore, Elfman,

Djawadi for GOT

Hans Zimmer movie soundtracks are incredible. I’m glad he’s on your list! The Holiday (a personal favorite) and Inception were phenomenal.

Although I’m more on the “musicals” genre I would have to list August Rush, La La Land, a recent favorite The Greatest Showman, Jesus Christ Superstar (not the 2018 one with John Legend but Alice Cooper was great), and Phantom of the Opera (with Gerard Butler)

Alejandro Iñárritu's movies have some pretty good soundtrack, especially those scored by Gustavo Santaolalla - Amores Perros, 21 Grams, Babel, and Biutiful.

This Girl by Laza Morgan
From the movie Step Up 3/3D

Every song from that film I actually ended up downloading from opening credits to the end.