Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rockpen

Kanye or Jay Z (who is the best rapper?)

14 posts in this topic

2cP9p.jpg

Sorry Kanye but lyrics, flow,  consistency  and content wise I'll go for jay z.  Kanye is better off being a producer not a rapper. West has a big mouth,  arrogant and is obnoxious,  he talks too much and acts inappropriately in some occasions which to my mind is not a good thing.  I remember I made  comment (constructive criticism)  on his Twitter account and guess what he replied back and said Filipinos are monkeys. Oh well I rebutted and said African negros are real monkeys walking on a foreign soil. Cro magnon style. 

Jay Z on the other hand,  is down to earth and talks less but with sharpness and content. He is the rapper's rapper   He's done the rags to riches to mega riches, he's done the record label, he's done the clothing line and on top of that he can actually rap. Puff Duddy may have followed a similar trajectory but is missing two vital components: credibility and rapping talent. There isn't another rapper on god's green earth who doesn't secretly wish they had achieved what Jay-Z has. He has attained the reverence held for St. Pac and St. Smalls whilst, crucially, remaining alive to bask in it. I dispute Jay's assertion that he is the "best rapper alive" but there is no denying that he is the greatest. 

How about you? Are you a Kanye or a Jay to the izzo fan? Let the debate begin. 

I'm not a modern hip-hop fan but I'd go with Jay-Z. Kanye is pure garbage. No talent and there's nothing to praise. I'd rather listen to N.W.A., RUN DMC,  Beastie Boys or Cypress Hill. Kanye is a disgrace to real hip-hop.

Rockpen and dhiesenphi like this

Songs and albums aside. Jay-Z has a way hotter and non-slutty wife. The power couple is also like 3x richer than Kanye & Kim combined. Kanye's talent is nothing so as Kim compared to Beyoncé. Well, thanks to her sex scandal for making it into the Hollywood. And everything about Kanye is overrated just like his shoes.  :d79df121:

Rockpen likes this

Kanye has some dope stuff, I mean real good sh*t... But Jay-Z is waaaaaayyyyyy more better than Kanye when it comes to Rapping itself, Jay-Z is way more talented and a real rap artist way back in the early 90's a Master of freestyle

Rockpen likes this

The last good Kanye album for me was Graduation. Even the album art was very inspired. Right now he's a parody of himself.

Not very familiar with Jay-Z's discography but I do like his collabs though.

Rockpen likes this

I think the question should be who's the BETTER rapper, because neither is the BEST rapper. Jay Z's better than Kanye, but they can't match the skills of the OG rappers of the 80's and 90's.

Not a fan of either, but the better rapper between the 2, imo, is Jay-Z, I guess because he's more "gangster" than Kanye, whatever that means lol

Kanye's great... production-wise...

JAY Z, I think, his impact is more on the culture.

But if we're talking rap, as music... Kanye wins.