• Announcements

• REDivivus.WRAITH

Facebook login issues   06/20/17

If anyone of you are having trouble logging in using facebook send us a PM on our APS FB page https://www.facebook.com/allpinoystuff/ including your APS username and emaill and we will recover them for you. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legit

Anti or Pro Death Penalty?

24 posts in this topic

These rapist and killers don't have the right to live. They are demon possessed and should be thrown to hell immediately. They have waved their rights as human beings at the moment they did the crimes they've committed, so human rights advocates should not lift a finger to save these animals.

Edited by aldus0714
wrong spelling

yes to death penalty. unfortunately like so many laws in our country, the problem lies in execution(it just happened).

I am anti-death penalty because I have always maintained a level of distrust with our justice system. Even setting that aside, I'd rather have the people that committed heinous crimes suffer and their life slowly wither away inside our prison rather than have a quick get out.

One last thing, it's quite easy to say kill these people at the comfort of our own home, in front of our monitors, typing away, safe in the knowledge that we aren't the ones sentencing or pulling the trigger (or whatever the hell it is they do). I always wonder how easy or difficult it would be if we are the ones who would actually do it.

calos and iggyb like this

Pro-death penalty. But before the poor people who commit crimes are put to death, the people who made their lives poor and indirectly forced them to criminality (the plunderers and drug lords) should be executed first.

1 hour ago, darktooth said:

....., the people who made their lives poor and indirectly forced them to criminality (the plunderers and drug lords) should be executed first.

In reality, we all know this will never happen, at least in this country. They have the money, influence and connections. They can hire the best and most expensive barrage of lawyers, corrupt the justice system thru bribes and they have connections with the higher-ups. That is why, in my opinion, the imposition of the death penalty, if ever revived, is only applicable to the poor

darktooth and iggyb like this

On 5/5/2017 at 10:29 AM, This_Is_The_End said:

I am anti-death penalty because I have always maintained a level of distrust with our justice system. Even setting that aside, I'd rather have the people that committed heinous crimes suffer and their life slowly wither away inside our prison rather than have a quick get out.

One last thing, it's quite easy to say kill these people at the comfort of our own home, in front of our monitors, typing away, safe in the knowledge that we aren't the ones sentencing or pulling the trigger (or whatever the hell it is they do). I always wonder how easy or difficult it would be if we are the ones who would actually do it.

I'll do the honors to execute child-rapists...

@aldus0714 I do not doubt your over zealousness and your bravado but in real life even people that are tasked - it's their  job - to execute criminals suffer from PTSD. Taking the life of others do take a psychological toll on you. Same reason as to why soldiers, even with all their training and conditioning, suffer from long term exposure to traumatic situations.

Try googling death row executioners suffering PTSD. There are more than enough articles out there on the subject. 

Edited by This_Is_The_End

I agree with you Bro  @This_Is_The_End, that is why they say that in a firing squad execution there is/(are) blank bullet(s) used basically to lessen if not remove the quilt or trauma on the executioners. Just a clarification, most soldiers,(these includes those tasked to be executioners in a firing squad) are regulars trained not to kill but to defend their country against foreign and local threat or their interest in foreign countries Killing is just a consequence that is why some suffer the disorder.as a result of this. But, we all know, or it is just me watching to much action movies, there are some soldiers/policeman or even civilians who are trained or conditioned, by themselves or other means, who would without any slight guilt in their consciences, take a life of anyone. A very solid example of this are those riding-in-tandem hired killers. So if ever the re-imposition of the death penalty is passed, the DOJ should hire and task them to perform the executions. No PTSD problem on their ends. :) 

This_Is_The_End likes this

@Miggy There are people indeed that do find it far easier to overcome a lot of powerful neural wiring to commit murder, experts have a term for it - psychopaths. Whatever the justification is, for good or bad, we've been killing each other since the dawn of time, there's nothing out of the extraordinary there sadly. What sets a normal person apart from psychopaths is the "human brain is coded for compassion, for guilt, for a kind of empathic pain that causes the person inflicting harm to feel a degree of suffering." and I'm quoting directly from a published study in the journal Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience.  

Killing other people should be hard, it isn't something anybody in their right mind should brag or make light about or even volunteer for just because. I'm not sure I would like people that lacks a moral compass be in a professional capacity to further their trade. Any sane society should condemn, arrest, and try people that hire themselves to kill other people. It shouldn't be a part of their job qualification for working in the government.    

Miggy likes this

@This_Is_The_End  I know that. I said that out of extreme disgust over child rapists. But I really hate them. I hate holduppers. I hate akyat-bahay's. I hate terrorists. If I get the chance to kill one upon catching them in the act, especially when the victim is related to me, I won't hesitate to do so.

@aldus0714 Do you really? Personally not my first reaction since if I saw any criminal in the act, I'm not the most fit person in the world. I've held and fired small arms before but I doubt I have the reaction nor the training to be able to use those quite effectively. Knives have a tendency to slip from your hand and injure yourself. Basically I'd call the authorities but make myself known from a safe distance because I'm the farthest person to be an action star and there is no reloading to a previous save point in real life if I do mess up. Just being realistic as always here.

Let's just say we agree to disagree on a lot of things in this subject and leave it that. 

@This_Is_The_End, it is true that the human brain is coded for compassion, guilt, empathy, etc, but remember that the environment has a big impact on human behavior. For sure, a human being living in a utopia, will even become more passionate, emphatic and would have more feeling of guilt towards harming other human beings.  Alas, utopia does not exist and  society had morally degenerated through time and still slipping down especially our (Ph) society. That is why, at our present state, I am not not in favor of the death penalty  simply because it is only applicable to the poor. The moneyed, corrupt and influential people that will commit heinous crime(s) will sleep comfortably, never worrying about the death penalty.

@Miggy In the context of the study, it doesn't have to be a utopian society. Think of it this way, I assume you eat meat, do you feel the need to see that cow tortured slowly before it is butchered? It's the same with other humans. If you have a tied-up criminal in front of you awaiting your execution, would you go by skinning him alive, cutting several parts, maybe maiming or burning him or go for the most humane way? Let' say you go with either, as a healthy normal human being, would you feel any pangs of guilt? Would you even hesitate or feel any sting of your conscience while you are doing so?

I'm not taking anything away from your stand against death penalty, in fact it is aligned on many levels with my own. Like I have said, I am against it because I distrust the system.

On 5/9/2017 at 9:44 PM, This_Is_The_End said:

...do you feel the need to see that cow tortured slowly before it is butchered? It's the same with other humans. If you have a tied-up criminal in front of you awaiting your execution, would you go by skinning him alive, cutting several parts, maybe maiming or burning him or go for the most humane way? Let' say you go with either, as a healthy normal human being, would you feel any pangs of guilt? Would you even hesitate or feel any sting of your conscience while you are doing so?

Historical records dating back from antiquity show that humans are capable of dealing ‘justice’ in such brutal ways. But there is no need for that in a civilized society. A humane death for a criminal serves the "human brain (that is) coded for compassion, for guilt, for a kind of empathic pain that causes the person inflicting harm to feel a degree of suffering."

This_Is_The_End likes this

Just now, darktooth said:

Historical records dating back from antiquity show that humans are capable of dealing ‘justice’ in such brutal ways. But there is no need for that in a civilized society. A humane death for a criminal serves the "human brain (that is) coded for compassion, for guilt, for a kind of empathic pain that causes the person inflicting harm to feel a degree of suffering."

Exactly

darktooth likes this

I would have to say no as our government has not proven that it is capable of giving accurate judgement to criminals. There has been a lot of misjudgments past and present making death penalty not yet applicable to our country.

Edited by fate23

@This_Is_The_End I've had some sort of experience catching someone hurting my little cousin in a basketball court. Although, there's no killing happened. He's already in his late 20's and about 5'9" in height, and my cousin was just 12 that time. Quickly, I ran to them and gave him a flying punch at the back of the head. When he fell down, I jumped on his chest and gave two more blows on the face. He remained lying there for about 30 minutes, I was just 23 that time and 5'6" tall. The point is, in situations like that, some people has no time to think about the future and just follow their instinct. We can not tell what would you do if you yourself get in a situation like that, that you would not have time to think. Because if you do, something worse might happen the person being attacked. If the man has a knife and is about to stab your close relative and you can still stop him if you will move fast, but you have no choice but to kill him, what would you do? Me? If the victim is my close relative, like sister, brother, parent, wife, son, daughter, cousin, etc., I'll follow my instinct.

Before this topic goes wayward. Please be reminded, this topic is about 'Death Penalty'. Sir @aldus0714,perhaps you could start a new topic about 'killing-as-a-human-instinct' or some sort of thing.  I am also also interested on the intricacies of that nature, if you want.

3 hours ago, Miggy said:

Before this topic goes wayward. Please be reminded, this topic is about 'Death Penalty'. Sir @aldus0714,perhaps you could start a new topic about 'killing-as-a-human-instinct' or some sort of thing.  I am also also interested on the intricacies of that nature, if you want.

This. There's an ocean-wide difference between death penalty and vigilante 'justice'. We also have a section for action movies in the TV Programs/ Movies section for make-believe stuff as well.

Death penalty is not like "oy nahuli yan patayin yan kasi ganito daw ginawa niyan or  kita sa cctv na ginanito niyan ung biktima etc." it still follows the rule of law. Hindi naman yan basta may mapatay lang. As long as it follows due process walang problem sa death penalty.

Anti death penalty here. Hindi naman kasi perpekto ang justice system. Paminsan minsan nagkakamali din. There was one time in China, where a man was executed for rape. Years later, new evidence surfaced which proved that the man was innocent. Wala na, napatay na yung suspect. Do we get to execute the judge kapag may ganoong nangyari? Paano nalang kung naset up ang isang akusado. Ang estado pa ang magiging murderer sa lagay na yun. 

Saka di naman effective ang death penalty sa pag curb ng crime. We used to have death penalty panahon pa ni Estrada (and before him) pero araw araw parin ang patayan at rape.