noturextraordinaryguy

Laptop Users Thread

10 posts in this topic

2dGxj.jpg

With all of the questions concerning the recommendation of laptops, I figured it would be a good idea to start a thread where members can review their new or old laptops to help others looking at the same models. Feel free to post your review of your current or even an old laptop that you may have liked or disliked for various reasons. Before writing your review though, as much as possible post the specs of the said laptop. Thank you! 

:)

IMHO, thanks but no thanks. I'd rather buy other brands such as ASUS, HP, etc rather than a "branded" knock off. With the neverending question of reliability and the bugs going on with products from Chinese companies (made in China is different), naah! But again, it's me. ;)

2EfrK.jpeg

im using hp pavilion laptop. 

HP Pavilion 15 (i7-6700HQ, GTX 950M) than my mcbook, i dont know why. Maybe im not into this brand .expensive show off

Edited by pikachupokemon

mga boss ask ko lang po sana kung anong brand ng laptop yung maganda sa ngayon at specs na prefer ninyo? plano ko po kasing magpalit eh, about sa budget eh above mid range... thanks po

I am not sure about the budget but this is decent enough :) I'm sure bababa ang price if you'll trim down the specs a bit lower. Here's an idea not sure if this is available in the Philippines.

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-laptops-netbooks-and-tablets/new-xps-15/spd/xps-15-9570-laptop/nxps1570_bt_s1656e?selectionState=eyJGUHJpY2UiOjIwNDkuOTksIk9DIjoibnhwczE1NzBfYnRfczE2NTZlIiwiUXR5IjoxLCJNb2RzIjpbeyJJZCI6NTcyLCJPcHRzIjpbeyJJZCI6IkZHMDAwMiJ9XX0seyJJZCI6MTEsIk9wdHMiOlt7IklkIjoiMTBQNjRFIn1dfSx7IklkIjo4LCJPcHRzIjpbeyJJZCI6IkdNVkhFMjMifV19XX0%253D

New XPS 15

CF8uxkLF_o.jpg

8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit English
16GB DDR4-2666MHz, 2x8GB
512GB M.2 2280 PCIe Solid State Drive
15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge Anti-Glare Non-touch IPS 100% sRGB 400-Nits display

CAD $2,349.99 = PHP 95,505.52

But if there's a budget go for a Macbook if you're a Mac user :)

tawsyoh likes this

If you're looking for a decent laptop with good specs, look for Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Gaming Laptop. Got mine last year on Black Friday, been using it for video editing, and some casual gaming and it's been great so far. Just recently upgrade the SSD to 500GB because it only comes with 128GB which is very low capacity if you ask me.

Here's the specs:

Intel Core 7th Gen i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.8GHz (4 Cores)
16GB RAM
nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050TI 4GB vRAM
128GB Toshiba SSD + 1TB WD HDD
Full HD (1920x1080)
Subwoofer