noturextraordinaryguy

How Much Money Have You Spent On Games?

14 posts in this topic

There's no doubt about it. Video games are one of the most expensive habits next to hardcore drug use. Not only do you have to invest in the system you prefer, but each new game will run you anywhere from one hundred up to thousand of pesos, and that's not even including special or collector's editions. 

Even with all that accounted for, that's still nothing compared to the price that some of the people who's really into this crazy world of gaming. Whether it's a child dropping all of their parents money on virtual coins to buy cows or people spending more than you will make in your life on a club that exists solely in the virtual world, gamers really know how to spend money on their filthy habits. I am guilty.

Why spent money on games? What is the most money you have spent on a single game? What have you bought, in which games, and why? Have you ever spent money and swiftly regretted it? Are you more inclined to spend money if a game is less aggressive about nudging you to pay?

2dZ2S.jpg

Subscriptions, DLC's, rentals or console accessories can be included too. Comment your gaming stories! :)

Why spend money on games?

To support the people that create the stuff I like so they can continue creating stuff I like.

What is the most money you have spent on a single game?

I don't remember the exact amount but maybe it was for The Witcher III + Season Pass? I don't buy Collector's Edition since I don't have the space to store the extra stuff as I already have enough junk in my house. I can't justify the purchase to myself.

What have you bought, in which games, and why?

Season Pass for the Witcher, Dishonored and the BioShock games. A lot of DLCs for Borderlands II. I usually buy the extra content at a discount. I just wait for a Steam sale or check out gray market sites.

Have you ever spent money and swiftly regretted it?

Batman Arkham Knight with the season pass and Street Fighter V. I was on a roll with pre-ordering both Grand Theft Auto V and The Witcher III as those turned out to be great games and pre-ordered Arkham Knight thinking Rocksteady hasn't churned out any dud in the past. Boy, was I wrong. Arkham Knight was a technical mess and until now it hasn't been fully fixed and for all intents and purposes, Rocksteady just gave up on the title. Same with Street Fighter V. It was a janky mess when it was launched. I can barely find a single match online. The silver lining to the game is that updates are still being released and Capcom is promising continuous support for the game.

Are you more inclined to spend money if a game is less aggressive about nudging you to pay?

I only mind if aggressive mean parts of the base game were obviously cut out just so the publisher or the developer can milk you for extra money. I rarely play F2P but if the game is pay-2-win then definitely no.

I'm more inclined to spend extra money if the additional content they are promising are actually worth the asking price. If it's extra story content like The Witcher's Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone or any of Bethesda's story DLCs for Elder Scrolls and Fallout then it's fine. I'll plunk down the cash. If it's only cosmetic items, No I won't.

Spent 5k for a mobile game... Twice. Ugh. I hated myself then and I hate myself right now for that. :_(

Other than that, like boss End, I usually wait for steam sales or bundles and get them then. The only time I break this rule is for coop games to be played with friends so that we can all play at the same time.

Video games are awesome! ^_^

Why spend money on games?

Because our money is meant to be spent not only on our needs but our wants as well.

What is the most money you have spent on a single game?

The most I have spent is under 2k for a single game.

What have you bought, in which games, and why?

Only free DLCs.

Have you ever spent money and swiftly regretted it?

God of War Ghost of Sparta for the PSP, because it updated my PSP's firmware and couldn't anymore play games previously installed on it. Batman Arkham City for the PC and Battlefield 3 Season Pass are in my opinion a waste of money and therefore, I ignored the later games from those series. I prefer DRM-free games. I have never pre-ordered.

Are you more inclined to spend money if a game is less aggressive about nudging you to pay?

I am only remotely interested in DLCs. It seems to me that they usually are of less quality than the base game. I have no experience with F2P. I do not play games that are purely online. I don't play games on my cell phone.

Hahaha! It's been several months since I spent money on that game or any game, since I just moved to an apartment. The money situation is totally different now. Starting to save up since I stopped going out a lot lmao.

Haberdash likes this

On 9/14/2017 at 4:52 AM, dhiesenphi said:

According to League of Legends, I spent a total of $1100 CAD on the game already. smh  :th_scream:

I feel you bro. These FTP games have made spending IRL money for in game bonuses into an art form! :( I hate it, but admire it at the same time! ^_^

dhiesenphi likes this

Haha it really shouldn't come as a surprise to me either since I used to spent a lot on games ($70+) and DLCs ($20+) on my Xbox 360, not to mention annual Xbox Live subscriptions ($70+).

I thought if I played League, I won't spend as much. Boy was I wrong.

:APS_lol2:

Haberdash likes this

Biggest single game spent is Ragnarok Online PH, eto yung time na may bayad pa 100 per week, 350month per account

Ang. Dami ko accounts nun more than 5

+ Bots pa. Pero nababawi naman

Dati nung student pa ko Ran Online, spent like 10k+ in cards nung inipon ko di pa counted yung sa load sa phone.

Pero now na may work na, may access na sa credit card. Grabe nag download ako ng NBA Mobile last month I think I already spent 20k sa in game buys. Tas ngayon nag reset sila for the new season tinamad na ko. Ngayon ko lang na realize kung gaano ako ka waldas sa pera.