Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beembeem

Mystery and Mindf*ck Movies

49 posts in this topic

Yung Predestination... nilaglag ako sa sahig from the side of my bed nung na-gets ko yung plot! hehehe :D

Other choices were...

The Others (2001), The Mothman Prophecies (2002), The Dark Hours (2005), Irreversible (2002), The Matrix (1999) plus the sequels, Inception (2010), Stay (2005), Pi (1998), 1408 (2007), The City of Lost Children (1995), Unknown (2011), The Ninth Gate (1999), The Butterfly Effect (2004), Stranger Than Fiction (2006), The Fall (2006), The Prestige (2006), The Usual Suspects (1995), Boxing Helena (1993), Vanilla Sky (2001), Inland Empire (2006), Twelve Monkeys (1995), The Thirteenth Floor (1999), Frailty (2001) & The Machinist (2004).

Add mo pa yung The Philosophers... After the Dark (2013), The Age of Adaline (2015) tsaka The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008). :D

Pahabol edit: Powder (1995) tsaka Emanon (1987)... naalala lang. :D
This_Is_The_End and RTZ like this

That's a good list bossing @Vinno B. Rocha. Some of those napanood ko pero matagal and nakalimutan ko na like City of Lost Children. I think that's the French one with the clown and children but I'm not sure. Boxing Helena I watched because of Sherilyn Fenn :D:D ..then it got weird with the surgical removal of all her limbs. It scarred me as a teen even though it was just in his head, it was a boner killer.

Emanon, napanood ko 'yan as in super tagal na. That's no name in reverse am I right? :) I'm surprised na meron ding nakapanood nito dito sa APS :)

Inland Empire I think is the most incomprehensible among David Lynch's films. Don't bother deciphering it and just enjoy the ride.

I think I can also categorize Stranger Than Fiction as a feel good movie. It's a more restrained Will Ferrell. Comedians can at times be great dramatic or character actors if given the chance. Little did he know...

Pi. Yeah. That drill scene though. I think David Lynch and Darren Aronofsky has an ongoing bet on who can make the batsh*t craziest film.

Edited by This_Is_The_End
Vinno B. Rocha likes this

Tama po Sir @This_Is_The_End... si Ron Perlman yung bida jan sa City of Lost Children. It even had a PC game which later on was derived for playstation. Right again about Emanon... the kid thought of him as the one who has "No Name".

Yang Inland Empire twice ko pinanood para maintindihan ko.

Boxing Helena showcased Sherilyn Fenn as an actress. Better acting than what she did in Two Moon Junction. Loved her "insured" boobs noted for the most perfect cleavage. hehe :D

I'll go for David Lynch when it comes to creativity and the element of surprise... no offense to Mr. Aronofsky.

Darren's Requiem for a Dream in 2000 was a great one too... yun nga lang sablay dun sa Black Swan.  Is it he that was set to direct Gambit in 2018?

This_Is_The_End likes this

Doug Liman is directing Gambit. A few of his notable gig was Bourne Identity and Edge of Tomorrow. Production hasn't started yet so who knows if he'll stick around. That project has been in development hell for quite sometime na.

Aronofsky was supposed to direct the second Wolverine movie but it eventually went to James Mangold, the dude who directed 3:10 to Yuma.

Vinno B. Rocha likes this

Hello APS,

Kindly give your top 10 horror movie as a suggestion on the next movie to watch.

If you know psychological ones, but not those mind f*** ones like A Serbian Film. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, v.maiar said:

Hello APS,

Kindly give your top 10 horror movie as a suggestion on the next movie to watch.

If you know psychological ones, but not those mind f*** ones like A Serbian Film. Thanks!

I think this thread will cater to your needs Sir @v.maiar... and please post on the proper sections next time. Thanks.

johnny had a gun try that my friend, it will freaking eat you psychologically... :) others were already mentioned except this one I think so go try it out :) The Shining, Rosemary's baby and the ring are some pretty dope horror films as well...

19 hours ago, GoryTonio said:

Kasama ba dito Ocean Series? gusto ko yung crime or anything na realistic pero mind fucked. 

Try the following con/heist movies - Confidence, The Spanish Prisoner, and The Brothers Bloom. Hopefully downloadable or streaming pa online kasi medyo luma na ng kaunti especially The Spanish Prisoner, mid 90s 'ata 'to kung tama pagkakaalala ko.

The Prestige. The Prestige

Triangle. Triangle . ...

Memento. Memento (2000)...

Shutter Island. "Shutter Island" 

Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind. 

Requiem For a Dream. ...

Predestination. ...

Fight Club.

Source Code..

Inception...

Coherence..

Interstellar...

The Machinist...

The Illutonist...

Donnie Darko..

The Signal...(recommended)dont spoil

This can’t be the only movies right? Where’s Mother! starring Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem? That one is really f*cked up but when you research the meaning of the movie, it makes SO much sense.

Predestination though.. g*ddamn that was a mindf*cker. Haha

enn likes this

19 hours ago, holaskuloo said:

This can’t be the only movies right? Where’s Mother! starring Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem? That one is really f*cked up but when you research the meaning of the movie, it makes SO much sense.

Predestination though.. g*ddamn that was a mindf*cker. Haha

I haven't watched it yet.. but thanks I'll add it to my watch list hehe..

Yep it gives you a lot of thinking at the end of the movie. Haha

Have you watched all these? Try watch them all hehe

holaskuloo likes this

29 minutes ago, enn said:

I haven't watched it yet.. but thanks I'll add it to my watch list hehe..

Yep it gives you a lot of thinking at the end of the movie. Haha

Have you watched all these? Try watch them all hehe

I’ve seen a majority of them. Although I wouldn’t classify Interstellar a mind f*ck movie but more of a theoretical science movie. Things were explained scientifically over different websites on how the plot came to be. Unlike Mother! which from watching it the first time was like, “huh? Why did that happen? Who the hell is this guy? How the hell did that happen?” kind of movie.

I’ll try to compile a list of some that I’ve seen (and wish to see).

I’m also surprised Identity, starring John Cusack isn’t in here. Now that one will make you think. 

33 minutes ago, holaskuloo said:

I’ve seen a majority of them. Although I wouldn’t classify Interstellar a mind f*ck movie but more of a theoretical science movie. Things were explained scientifically over different websites on how the plot came to be. Unlike Mother! which from watching it the first time was like, “huh? Why did that happen? Who the hell is this guy? How the hell did that happen?” kind of movie.

I’ll try to compile a list of some that I’ve seen (and wish to see).

I’m also surprised Identity, starring John Cusack isn’t in here. Now that one will make you think. 

Good choices. Pero if sa 'mother!' pa lang ay mindfuck na, you should try Aronofsky's first film, 'Pi'. His JLaw film honestly pales in comparison to his debut.

I'll also recommend Luis Buñuel's 'The Exterminating Angel', David Cronenberg's 'Videodrome', Terry Gillam's 'Brazil', and David Lynch's 'Eraserhead'.

holaskuloo likes this

Just now, Pips said:

Good choices. Pero if sa 'mother!' pa lang ay mindfuck na, you should try Aronofsky's first film, 'Pi'. His JLaw film honestly pales in comparison to his debut.

I'll also recommend Luis Buñuel's 'The Exterminating Angel', David Cronenberg's 'Videodrome', Terry Gillam's 'Brazil', and David Lynch's 'Eraserhead'.

I think I’ve seen Pi. I’ll rewatch it and take a gander at the other films you suggested. Thanks bud!

*I googled some of them and I think I’ll start with Brazil. Post apocalyptic/dystopian movies are my thing. Something like The Lobster starring Colin Farrell

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch - After seeing all the possible and even hidden endings, just left me speechless.

A Perfect Getaway - also another film I can't seem to forget because of one of the biggest plot holes/twist in history.

Interstellar - I've always like Nolan's Sci-Fi films. This one in particular is no exception.

Nightcrawler - one of Jake Gyllenhaal's best performance because it's something different. The attitude, personality and that outlook he has in life to get ahead of everybody is really what made this film successful imho.

Split

Gonegirl

BURIED is not a mindf*cked movie but is a you're f*cked now bitch type of movie. If you put yourself into the shoes of the character, i'll bet you'll feel uneasy right away.

EXTINCTION on netflix is a mystery movie that has a good twist towards the end