• Announcements

• REDivivus.WRAITH

APS NEEDS YOUR HELP FOR 2019!!!   11/05/18

Hello APS'ters It's been more than 10 years APS staff has been keeping this place alive and kickin ass from the rest!!!  And now is the time for us to ask help from all of you who are enjoying this place. APS are looking for generous members who are willing to show some support and love to raise funds for our VPS hosting and domain name fees. We would like to make the most contributions as much as we can and use all of it for " VPS hosting and Domain name fees" ONLY (no personal interest/expenses) We want to keep this community alive and that wouldn't be possible without your help. We won't be promising any VIP access or whatsoever for monetary contributions. But....... we can assure you that your contributions big or small can keep this place alive and We will give you an APS Supporter (yellow pants) to give credits and recognition sa inyong tulong! and that's the only thing we can promise you. If you are feeling generous today feel free to send your contributions to our PAYPAL account. (ANY AMOUNT ARE WELCOME) PAYPAL: allpinoystuff2017@yahoo.com If you have any questions comment on this thread or Feel free to send me or any Admins/Supreme Mods a PM. If you have contributed or will be contributing please let us know so we can directly say "thank you" to you. Thanks in advance and more power to APS!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Haberdash

For Honor

19 posts in this topic

Roar! For Honor! ^_^ This game is nuts! Crazy awesome game! 

For those who are interested, it's a 3rd person fighting game/melee brawler that is PVP focused. Gaming skills required though so don't expect something along the lines of Dynasty Warriors. I got it, more forced to because my friends were playing it. I am not into PVP... or so I thought, but to my surprise I am enjoying myself immensely! Give it a try! ^_^

I was in the closed and open beta and I liked it. The thing that made me not buy it on day 1 were the connection issues I had. I'm still interested but I'd sit this one out until a few updates in.

Edited by This_Is_The_End
Haberdash likes this

On 5/11/2017 at 2:31 AM, piper28 said:

expecting something like division?

No, anything but lol! I loved division but Massive really fumbled the ball on balances and bugs. :( I stopped FH as well. Andromeda came out na eh. :P

@Haberdash Off topic but how's Andromeda? My takeaway from the whole controversy was that the game is/was bug-ridden, the characters were less interesting than the OG crew, the story's subpar but the combat was awesome. Have they fixed the major issues? I can live with an average story if the minute-by-minute gameplay is great.

I still want to get it later when it's in deep sale or when the prices have lowered down from G2A or CD keys. It's the collector in me more than anything else I guess that makes me want to get it.

Boss End! How have you been? ^_^ I couldn't get on our site for the longest time! ^_^

Re: Andromeda

It's awesome! I'm a fanboy though so that's to be expected. :P But to be more objective, here's my two cents worth:

1. Bugs/Issues - Exaggerated but present. I've seen the YouTube vids and complaints on the net, but I personally have not encountered any game breaking or over the top fails during gameplay. Maybe I'm just lucky.

2. Wonky graphics and facial/body animations: True, but not all. The way I imagine it is that the devs split the graphics and animations work to 2 different teams. A team of experts and a team of noobs. Noobs did the work on the characters affected by this craziness. ^_^ Yes, there are some characters who look cartoonish already but there are others that look photo-realistic already. Unfortunately, it seems that the dev team made of noobs got most of the humans, while the experts got the aliens. Boss End, I can now tell the moods of the aliens, Turians in particular, based on their facial expressions. How awesome is that?! ^_^

3. Story - A little above average. I think people are getting the wrong idea in that this is Mass Effect 4. It's not. It's the start of a whole new series. When you look at it that way, the story becomes a little above average. 

4. Gameplay - If you liked Dragon Age: Inquisition, you'll like ME:A. It is basically DA:I in space. ^_^ It's an open world light. :P

5. Combat - Insanely good. Maps are well designed, combat is very gripping and who knew that a simple jump mechanic would change combat so much. AI is kinda stupid though, but hey, I'm not playing this for the combat challenge so good enough for me.

Overall, I would say that you should definitely get it, but you shouldn't be in a rush to. It'd be fine to wait for a sale or whenever you feel like getting it. ^_^ Hope this helps! ^_^

Hey @Haberdash how's it hanging? Oo medyo matagal ding nawala 'yung forums at least bumalik na and hopefully for good.

As for Andromeda, I guess that's the nature of bugs, some would have it in droves while others won't experience a single one. Compounded pa sa PC since hindi uniform ang specs unlike sa consoles. Per Andromeda being a new series, EA just shelved it. I don't think we will be revisiting this iteration of the game anytime soon. They put the whole franchise on hold for now. The team that's responsible for Andromeda - Bioware Montreal is transitioning to become a support studio. This is supposed to be their first game but they dropped the ball. If we are to see Mass Effect again, I think it will be handed back to Bioware Edmonton. There were some rumors circulating a while back that there were some trouble/power struggle between the studios that may have caused some of the issues. Some of the key figures in Bioware have also departed since Mass Effect 3 so that may have also affected what the overall vision for this game was supposed to be. It's all speculation of course.

I don't think the game did that poorly sales-wise and while having not played it, I don't think it's as bad as some people make it out to be but the damage to the brand name was more painful to EA hence their very drastic decision. 

Haberdash likes this

I'm a Bioware apologist and have been playing their earliest games and I still believe this is just a bump in the road and they'll bounce back.

Back to the topic, I got Wildlands instead of For Honor although I'm more interested in the latter. I think I lucked out as I'm still enjoying it to this day. It's not the best open world game out there but I like it.

Still visiting the FH sub-reddit occasionally just to see what the current status of the game is and yeah, deep, deep sale is the best way to go (if I'm still interested by then). People are still reporting disconnections regularly so definitely that's a no-go and I don't think the single player can justify a full-price purchase.

Off topic and back to Mass Effect Andromeda

Here's what happened to the development of that game per Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428

It's a lengthy read, here's a video instead:

https://youtu.be/MYvJhe9dMtU

Haberdash likes this

Hahaha at this point we should start our own Mass Effect Andromeda thread. Latest news is that they shut down Bioware Montreal. Merged it rather. :_( Goodbye to a great franchise! :_(

Sinubukan ko mag ask about this sa datablitz kaso ang sabi saken is onti nalang daw naglalaro nito kasi may prob daw sa connection kaya aun buti may idea si kuya wala tuloy ako nabili ahahahha...

Haberdash likes this

Hi Kaizer! Yep, it's true! There are major problems with network and matchmaking. From what I hear though they are switching over to server based play. You might want to check it out when it's implemented na! ^_^

Actually gsto ko tlga to ksi sa mga napanood ko sa youtube kaso nga lang dami ko dn narinig na feedback about conection prob kagaya sa rainbow six...

:_( You said it brother. Both those games, especially R6 Siege, are super good but are failing to reach their full potential because of network, matchmaking and cheating issues. :_( If you like PvP you might want to check out PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. I haven't played it myself since I am more of a PvE person but from what I hear from friends I game with, this is the best bang for buck game this year! ^_^

Good news is they are moving to dedicated servers which they should have done coming out of the gate but whatever. How good the servers are is up in the air. It would be interesting to see if they can entice lapsed players back - summer is almost done and we are slowly entering the last quarter mad rush of AAA games.

Haberdash likes this

Seems like they're going to be killing FH. :( Not that I played it since I quit, but such a waste of potential. Hopefully the devs will learn from this (I mean, come on, non-server PvP game??) and do something better next time! ^_^

On 5/17/2018 at 4:13 PM, calos said:

good thing i skipped this then, had some concerns about longetivity and gameplay when beta came out. sayang though, ganda pa naman ng concept.

Agreed @calos! I would suggest not skipping it, but wait for a good sale to at least give it a try. Combat is very satisfying! ^_^ Possibly the best melee (medieval) combat I've seen implemented in any game.