Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PuffPuffPass

Flat Earth or Round Earth

4 posts in this topic

Naniniwala ba kayo na ang mundo ay bilog? O ito ay isang patag?

There has been a rising trend out there about flat earth theorists and they are becoming more vocal. Most of them would say that NASA is faking pictures of our planet and that the "edge" of the planet is a high wall made of ice (Just like in GoT)

What is your take on the issue?

img_1819-1.jpg

On one side you have scientists who have devoted their lives to their respective fields, expanding mankind's collective knowledge of the world around him and beyond while on the other you have B.O.B., Tila Tequila, and Kyrie Irving.

Just want to add this to muddy the waters. I'm probably committing a logical fallacy. Anyway, hindi ko natandaan agad kung kanino galing 'yung quote:

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.
- Isaac Asimov

I think it applies not only to the US. There's a rise in conservative secularism recently. It has always been there but I think it's more prominent now.