Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McDreamy

Marvel Studio

96 posts in this topic

Marvel Studios, a subsidiary of Disney, has taken the lead in converting the printed image page into a full blown movie extravaganza.  Spider-Man and X-Men as some examples.

This 2010, promotions of its upcoming movies is showcased in Comic Con International in San Diego.  Here is the initial salvo.  Concept Artworks for Thor and Captain America.

From Marvel.Com

The next two mighty Marvel movies are on their way and we've got your first look at awesome new mini-one-sheets!

Debuting at San Diego Comic-Con this week, be sure you try to snag these beauties at the Marvel Booth (#2329)!

width=500http://i081.radikal.ru/1007/71/4ebd80c06294.jpg[/img]

width=500http://s48.radikal.ru/i121/1007/52/e1d6c7863421.jpg[/img]

Marvel Studios, a subsidiary of Disney, presents the official websites for Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger.

"Thor", directed by Kenneth Branagh and starring Chris Hemsworth, will be coming out in theaters everywhere on May 6th, 2011. Right on it's tail is "Captain America: The First Avenger", set to be released on July 22nd, 2011. Personally I find a bit more of an appeal towards "Thor" than "Captain America."

hxxp://thor.marvel.com/

Posted Image

hxxp://captainamerica.marvel.com/

Posted Image

Sorry DC and Green Lantern fans.  The highlight of Comic Con Saturday was this assembly.

width=600http://i32.tinypic.com/23tr4eo.jpg[/img]

Avengers Assemble: (L-R) Robert Downey Jr., Clark Gregg, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Director Joss Whedon, Producer and Marvel Studios’ President Kevin Feige from the motion picture “MARVEL STUDIOS’ THE AVENGERS” in which Earth’s Mightiest Heroes including Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Nick Fury and Agent Coulson assemble together on screen for the first time.

“I come before you a very humble man, strangely, this evening, to be in this most excellent company. I don’t mean to mention other movies, but did anybody see Inception? I think that was probably just about the most ambitious movie I’ve ever seen. Then I thought, ‘Wait a goddamn second! Marvel Studios is going to take all of their top superheroes and they’re going to put them all together in The Avengers? That’s the most ambitious movie I’ve ever seen!’”

- Robert Downey, Jr.

Mejo disappointed ako sa choice nila na si Mark Ruffalo as the new Hulk..he's the guy after Chris Evans sa picture above~

Correction you are referring to Chris Hemsworth.  The actor playing Thor.  Mark Ruffalo is the third person from the right.  Please take note Edward Norton dropped out of The Avengers because Bruce Banner will be a minor character in the movie. In other words, he is insignificant.  A CGI Hulk will have be more important in the movie.

Marvel/Disney really knows how to slay the competition into small bits and pieces.  This movie prop was displayed at Comic Con Sunday for only 2 hours.  Why such a short time, Captain America will start filming first week of August.

Comicbookmovie.com

Here it is, folks! What a way to start a Sunday morning, seeing the most iconic shield in comicdom. The shield was only displayed for two hours today, but I was there first thing when it was unveiled. It is definitely machined metal, approximately 1/2 inch thick with two very heavy leather carrying straps:

width=600http://i30.tinypic.com/avqu5s.jpg[/img]

Posted Image        Posted Image        Posted Image

Correction you are referring to Chris Hemsworth.  The actor playing Thor.  Mark Ruffalo is the third person from the right.  Please take note Edward Norton dropped out of The Avengers because Bruce Banner will be a minor character in the movie. In other words, he is insignificant.  A CGI Hulk will have be more important in the movie.

ah yea, *squints eyes* it is Chris H....well, hopefully if there's going to be another Hulk movie..ed's going to be in it..

Heavenly Thor Spoilers Ahead!

Credit: comicbookmovies . com

Posted Image

[table]

[tr]

[td]

• # "If we were curious about how much "Thor" and "Captain America" would be directly related, (the raw Captain America footage) answered the question for us. One of the coolest sets I saw when I visited the "Thor" set was Odin's vault where he keeps all of the most dangerous items in the Universe, the things he has collected from all the remote corners of the Universe. It's part trophy-room, part evidence locker. Odin keeps them there so no one can use them to bring about Ragnarok. And, evidently, not everything he put in there has remained in there, because the scene we watched involved The Red Skull (Hugo Weaving) searching this tomb for something he refers to as "The Tesseract."
  • # Odin casts Thor out, strips him of his powers, and drops Mjolnir to Earth as a reminder to Thor that he can't lift it until he's worthy.
  • # Thor does something truly awful in act one of the film that sets off a chain of events that eventually destroys an entire world and ignites a war. Odin is furious, since he was just about to hand off control of Asgard to Thor, and now he's had to completely reassess his son.
  • # There's more footage from Thor's attempt at escape from S.H.I.E.L.D. custody, and we see what Thor was trying to find... Mjolnir, his hammer, embedded in concrete. He tries to pull it free but fails utterly.
  • # And there were shots of Heimdall and a hint of how the Rainbow Bridge works.
[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

i guess more attention to Iron Man then. baka maging Iron Man & friends lang ito parang ginawa nila sa X-Men na laging naka-sentro yung story kay Wolverine.

The Avengers

Release Date: May 4th, 2012

Directed by Joss Whedon

Starring Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johannsson, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner and Samual L Jackson

The Avengers Assemble !!! This teaser trailer made its appearance in Comic Con 2010.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvL4iJy2PPw

Source: ComicBookMovies .Com

Joss Whedon Talks Even More About The Avengers!

I ran across this video interview with Joss Whedon conducted by Rebecca Murray from the San Diego Comic Con Entertainment Weekly and Syfy party red carpet. Whedon gives a little more than the standard responses that he seemed to have ready for everyone else at Comic Con. There are quite a few fresh takes hidden within it.

Here is just a portion from About.com....

And Mark [Ruffalo], what makes him the perfect Hulk?

Joss Whedon: "To me, I wanted Mark because he connects with you. He is a guy who you feel that he is you and he reaches out to you in a way that I don't feel the performances as Banner have really done. And this also has to do with the way the narrative works, but I feel I wanted to come at Banner and The Hulk visually from a new place. And I wanted somebody that had the quality that Mark has which is somebody who has taken hits from life but is not defined by that. He's taken a hit and he stood back up. He's not thinking about himself necessarily. Mark is a very giving guy and actor. When he looks at me onscreen I'm like, 'That's me. That's the guy.' And he's like that as a person. And just talking to him about The Hulk I learned so much more about the character of Bruce Banner than I had ever even thought of. It was an instinct I thought no one would support. The studio were completely into it. Robert Downey Jr was super supportive. And you know everybody welcomed him into the fold and I was so excited because, to me, he's going to be the first Banner."

You're going to have to balance all these personalities and all these characters, and make it so that the fans are really going to appreciate it, how tough is that?

Joss Whedon: "You know, in a way it's tough and in a way it's the easiest thing in the world because that's what the movie's about. These people don't belong together. There's friction, there;s tension, there's drama... Oh, wait, I need that for my storytelling so it's perfect. There's no reason that this crew should be together except that we need them to be. And so I got very excited by this because of how odd it is."

If you had a chance to actually do more casting of it, do you think the casting that's in place is exactly who you would have chosen for each role?

Joss Whedon: "Oh hells yeah. I'd like to say that I came up with [Jeremy] Renner but they had Renner in their sights. I spent weeks - because it didn't look like that was going to happen - I spent weeks trying to think of somebody else and I couldn't get him out of my head. I'd try and make lists and they're like - it looked like I was getting married. 'Jeremy Renner, Jeremy Renner, Jeremy Renner, Jeremy Renner. Mrs Josh Renner.' It was like I had a crush. They just nail it. It's one of the things I love about Marvel. They take chances. It doesn't seem like Robert Downey was a chance, but at the time he was. And the first time I saw Kevin Feige after he cast him I was like, 'Congratulations on being so smart.'"

We haven't seen Chris Evans and we haven't seen Chris Hemsworth, so what can we expect out of those two?

Joss Whedon: "Well you know Chris is a really sweet, decent guy who's really excited to be playing a really sweet, decent guy. You know, they both have the qualities of the person. Chris Hemsworth is obviously...he's not as arrogant as Thor, but he is as tall. And you know he does sort of wake up every day going, 'The world is mine. How nice. Look at all the tiny people.' I mean, he's a dear. He's a sweet, sweet boy but at the same time, he's bigger and handsomer than a person is. So they bring the qualities. Obviously they've got acting chops, but they inhabit the parts and that makes it so much more exciting."

Go to About.com for more.

First images of the Captain America costume.  Its not Chris Evans but a stunt double.  Urgh.  Why do I have the feeling this movie is going to suck.  Why do they have to change the costume this way.  Photos from comicbookmovie .com

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Captain America Revealed

Source:darkhorizons.com & EW

The first batch of official photos from Marvel's "Captain America" have appeared in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly.

Inside are the first looks at Haley Atwell's character, Hugo Weaving as Red Skull pre-transformation, and a buffed up Chris Evans sans shirt (YAY!) but with his chest hair removed (NOOOO!!!).

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Correction you are referring to Chris Hemsworth. The actor playing Thor. Mark Ruffalo is the third person from the right. Please take note Edward Norton dropped out of The Avengers because Bruce Banner will be a minor character in the movie. In other words, he is insignificant. A CGI Hulk will have be more important in the movie.

Looking back in this comment is so funny. Bruce Banner had a MAJOR role in The Avengers.

for me i wish sana sinunod nila ung sa comics ung pano tlga nag start ung avengers -_-

starting with

1.hulk

2.iron-man

3.ant-man

4.wasp

5.thor

so far this 2015: Avengers 2 was good, Antman rocks, Fantastic four sucks....

next year would be Deadpool...deadpool...deadpool...oh, did I mention deadpool?

but in an unrelated note, DC's movie adaptation of their major comicbook heroes looks promising and might give a run for Marvel's money...

Batman v Superman lang ang makakapagsabi kung kaya nang makipagsabayan ng Warner Brothers at DC sa Marvel Studios. Si Ben Affleck, Chris Terrio, at Jesse Eisenberg lang ang dahilan kung bakit optimistic ako sa BvS. Yung Man of Steel kasi sobrang hindi ko nagustuhan. On the other hand, sana mag-release na ng ulit ang Marvel Studios ng info tungkol sa Doctor Strange, next year na rin yun eh. And let's not forget na next year din ang X-Men: Apocalypse at Deadpool.

Batman v Superman lang ang makakapagsabi kung kaya nang makipagsabayan ng Warner Brothers at DC sa Marvel Studios. Si Ben Affleck, Chris Terrio, at Jesse Eisenberg lang ang dahilan kung bakit optimistic ako sa BvS. Yung Man of Steel kasi sobrang hindi ko nagustuhan. On the other hand, sana mag-release na ng ulit ang Marvel Studios ng info tungkol sa Doctor Strange, next year na rin yun eh. And let's not forget na next year din ang X-Men: Apocalypse at Deadpool.

Tilda Swinton (Constantine, Michael Clayton, Snowpiercer, Only Lovers Left Alive) is going to play the Ancient One.

http://nerdist.com/tilda-swinton-confirms-she-is-the-ancient-one-in-doctor-strange/

Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years A Slave, Children of Men, Serenity) will play Baron Mordo.

http://deadline.com/2015/06/chiwetel-ejiofor-doctor-strange-baron-mordo-marvel-benedict-cumberbatch-1201441281/

Recent news from IGN reads that Warner is planning a Booster Gold and Blue Beetle film. It's comedy gold if they do both characters right. I can see something like 21/22 Jump Street type of vibe for both characters to work. The tone should be strictly tongue-in-cheek and light hearted maybe like Ant-Man or Guardians.

Edited by This_Is_The_End

Let's keep this thread alive, shall we?

Update on the latest MCU movie: Civil War, internationally the film continues the push toward becoming the year's first $1 billion earner worldwide as it brought in $84.2 million, bringing the international cume to $645 million and the global total to $940.89 million. The film's performance also pushes the cumulative, worldwide total for the thirteen films that currently make up the Marvel Cinematic Universe to over $10 billion with Civil War ranking fourth on the worldwide list (seventh domestically) among all films in the MCU. Wow. Just wow!

2bTAC.jpg

This_Is_The_End likes this

the captain america trilogy is becoming MCU's bread and butter. it so far has been the best out of all of their original avengers character. the russos really up the ante from the first avenger to winter soldier and to civil war. i heard they will also be directing the next 2 avengers films. their saying in won't be infinity war part 1 and part 2 anymore. their looking for a different titles for the next 2 films. maybe infinity gauntlet and infinity war? the first film will tackle how thanos gets a hold of all the infinity gems then the 2nd film is where the war takes place.

Yeah, whatever happened to the rumors that Chris Evans will be retiring as Cap? I hope not, he's doing so awesome. And here's hoping the Infinity Gauntlet movies will feature many heroes--hopefully they include the TV heroes as well (Daredevil, Punisher, etc.)