• Announcements

• REDivivus.WRAITH

APS NEEDS YOUR HELP FOR 2019!!!   11/05/18

Hello APS'ters It's been more than 10 years APS staff has been keeping this place alive and kickin ass from the rest!!!  And now is the time for us to ask help from all of you who are enjoying this place. APS are looking for generous members who are willing to show some support and love to raise funds for our VPS hosting and domain name fees. We would like to make the most contributions as much as we can and use all of it for " VPS hosting and Domain name fees" ONLY (no personal interest/expenses) We want to keep this community alive and that wouldn't be possible without your help. We won't be promising any VIP access or whatsoever for monetary contributions. But....... we can assure you that your contributions big or small can keep this place alive and We will give you an APS Supporter (yellow pants) to give credits and recognition sa inyong tulong! and that's the only thing we can promise you. If you are feeling generous today feel free to send your contributions to our PAYPAL account. (ANY AMOUNT ARE WELCOME) PAYPAL: allpinoystuff2017@yahoo.com If you have any questions comment on this thread or Feel free to send me or any Admins/Supreme Mods a PM. If you have contributed or will be contributing please let us know so we can directly say "thank you" to you. Thanks in advance and more power to APS!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doodledoo

Credit Card Application

15 posts in this topic

Good day sirs! Ask ko lang what credit card would you recommend na maganda? Well for me mas ok pa rin cash pero in case of emergency alam ko kakailanganin natin to. Ask ko lang mga opinion nyo.

Thnks

Rockpen likes this

Depende sir kung nasaan kang bansa eh. Dito sa US kasi maraming options (credit card, visa, debit, checks) sa pagbabayad eh, kaya kahit paano eh versatile ang pag-spend ng mga tao. Kung credit card ang paguusapan, I prefer (and actually use) American Express; I've had it for more than 5 years and have never had a problem with it domestically or internationally (charges both online and physically in another country). Maganda rin ang customer service nila and they'll try to help you out with all of your disputes (I guess one reason why not all stores/establishments accept AmEx, but who knows what other reason is out there).

There's also the Discover card, and I think they have a credit card option too (correct me if I'm wrong). But a person I know who uses that card have had multiple illegal access/transactions tied to his card; I can't imagine how he still uses that card (probably for rewards and all that) after all of that hassle, but you have to check a credit card company's security history because you could end up becoming a victim of credit card fraud :th_look:

GeoGunz V2 likes this

Hi! Napansin ko lang 'tong topic na 'to. I was a banker before.

Ang advise ko for getting a credit card is "get a card from the bank which you have an account in."

Mas madali kumuha (approval) ng card sa sarili mong bangko, lalo na pag nakita sa system na laging may movement (withdrawals, deposits) sa account mo. Okay din na kumuha ng card if you have an existing active account with the bank para less hassle magbayad.

In terms of yearly fees, you can easily ask the bank for options on how they can waive those.

In the Philippines, Visa and Mastercard are the most widely accepted credit card types. Some banks would also allow you to withdraw cash using your credit card up to a certain amount, so you might want to look into that.

Caution though, be wary of your payment deadlines, because banks tag those who are delinquent and send that information to all banks and lending agencies, mahirap na in case kailangan mo ng loan in the future.

As a final reminder, be wise in using your credit card! 'Wag gagamit kung 'di kailangan at 'wag bibili ng 'di kayang bayaran. Hindi masayang mabaon sa utang. :)

Edited by kraztykrabz
Saitama, N and timplado like this

Depende sir kung nasaan kang bansa eh. Dito sa US kasi maraming options (credit card, visa, debit, checks) sa pagbabayad eh, kaya kahit paano eh versatile ang pag-spend ng mga tao. Kung credit card ang paguusapan, I prefer (and actually use) American Express; I've had it for more than 5 years and have never had a problem with it domestically or internationally (charges both online and physically in another country). Maganda rin ang customer service nila and they'll try to help you out with all of your disputes (I guess one reason why not all stores/establishments accept AmEx, but who knows what other reason is out there).

There's also the Discover card, and I think they have a credit card option too (correct me if I'm wrong). But a person I know who uses that card have had multiple illegal access/transactions tied to his card; I can't imagine how he still uses that card (probably for rewards and all that) after all of that hassle, but you have to check a credit card company's security history because you could end up becoming a victim of credit card fraud :th_look:

Thanks sir dito ako sa pinas baka mag bpi ako

Hi! Napansin ko lang 'tong topic na 'to. I was a banker before.

Ang advise ko for getting a credit card is "get a card from the bank which you have an account in."

Mas madali kumuha (approval) ng card sa sarili mong bangko, lalo na pag nakita sa system na laging may movement (withdrawals, deposits) sa account mo. Okay din na kumuha ng card if you have an existing active account with the bank para less hassle magbayad.

In terms of yearly fees, you can easily ask the bank for options on how they can waive those.

In the Philippines, Visa and Mastercard are the most widely accepted credit card types. Some banks would also allow you to withdraw cash using your credit card up to a certain amount, so you might want to look into that.

Caution though, be wary of your payment deadlines, because banks tag those who are delinquent and send that information to all banks and lending agencies, mahirap na in case kailangan mo ng loan in the future.

As a final reminder, be wise in using your credit card! 'Wag gagamit kung 'di kailangan at 'wag bibili ng 'di kayang bayaran. Hindi masayang mabaon sa utang. :)

Thanks sir!

kraztykrabz likes this

Is it still possible for someone to get approved for a credit card despite having an unsettled credit card balance from another bank about 8 years ago? Say the balance was around 30k that was left unpaid without notice. Is that record permanent in local credit history?

Is it still possible for someone to get approved for a credit card despite having an unsettled credit card balance from another bank about 8 years ago? Say the balance was around 30k that was left unpaid without notice. Is that record permanent in local credit history?

Alam ko me parang blacklist sila na shina-share sa lahat e. I could be wrong.

They have a black list its called cmap if youre name is listed youll have a hard time getting a card and applying for a loan

boss may promo ung citibank until march 31, maganda ang offer nila waived annual fee plus many rewards din

disclaimer: di ako nageendorse and wala rin akong account sa kanila, gusto ko lang magsuggest :)

Rockpen likes this

boss may promo ung citibank until march 31, maganda ang offer nila waived annual fee plus many rewards din

disclaimer: di ako nageendorse and wala rin akong account sa kanila, gusto ko lang magsuggest :)

Hahaha apir! Tapos na yun promo nag aavvail Sana ako kaya lang bawal Pala ang Hindi first timer. Sabi nila para lang daw yun sa mga wala pa credit card. Sayang yun biruin mo waived ang annual fees hehe Sarap nun

No interest if you pay before or on the due date. Interest starts when your account is not zero on your next cut-off. Ideally, you want your credit card balance to be zero balance every month so you do not get charged interest. Always pay the total amount due of your billing statement every month so you do not get charged interest.

Example:

Terms to remember:

Cut off date - Purchases made within this period are billed accordingly on your next billing statement. For example, credit card cut-off is January 12. This means that purchases made before January 12 will be billed to you on your next due date, say February 2. Purchases after January 12 will be on your next billing statement, March 2

Due Date - Your last chance to pay without getting charged late payment fee. If you miss paying on the due date, say the next day, you will be charged between P500-P800 depending on your bank.

Total Amount Due - The total balance that you need to pay (If you pay this full amount, then you are not charged interest the next month)

Minimum Amount Due - Minimum Amount you need to pay. ( If you pay the minimum amount due, the remainder will accrue interest on your next billing statement.)

Monthly Interest Rate - the interest charged to your account. Usually between 2.5%-3.79% a month depending on your credit card. This is what kills you in the long run if you do not pay your total amount due every month and just pay the minimum amount. This is compounded interest rate, not simple interest rate.

Given:

January 8 - Purchased Dildo for P2000

February 2 - Due Date

Statement Balance on February 2 = P2000

Monthly Interest Rate: 3%

Scenario 1:

You pay the total amount due which is P2000 on or before your due date. Therefore, your credit card balance becomes zero, and you do not accrue interest.

Scenario 2: 

You only pay the minimum amount due, say P1000. So you have a remaining balance of P1000. This P1000 is charged with 3% interest rate on your next billing statement, which is on March 2. Assuming you did not make any other purchases aside from your dildo, you have to pay P1003 on March 2.

repapips9 likes this