• Announcements

• REDivivus.WRAITH

Facebook login issues   06/20/17

If anyone of you are having trouble logging in using facebook send us a PM on our APS FB page https://www.facebook.com/allpinoystuff/ including your APS username and emaill and we will recover them for you. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
N-eazy

Best Finisher - Past or Present

37 posts in this topic

When I was growing up, my favourite finishers to watch on tv was Bret Hart`s sharpshooter, HBK's sweet chin music, Macho Man`s elbow drop, Jake Robert's DDT, and Undertaker`s tombstone piledriver.

These days, I appreciate Neville's red arrow, the spiral tap of AJ Styles, and the pop-up powerbomb of Kevin Owens.

Boneo and N-eazy like this

Nothing beats Randy Orton's RKO. If done properly, it can seriously damage someone's neck.

Close second is Undertaker's Tombstone Piledriver. If we're talking about present wrestlers, I should say, Styles Clash of AJ Styles. It takes a lot of prep, but it will surely hurt.

Boneo likes this

Attitude Era: Stonecold's Stunner

Ruthless Aggression Era: Eddie Guerrero's Frog Splash

PG ERA: John Morrison's Starship pain

Reality Era: LUnatic Lariat (alam kong hindi sya finisher hehe more like signature move kaya I'll go with Pop-up Powerbomb na lang hehe)

N-eazy likes this

Sir Boneo yung Starship Pain tung Split Legged Corckscrew Moonsault... whew!

Its always nice to see someone do a frigsplash jo matter what era. Natatandaan ko bata pa lang ako si Superfly Jimmy Snuka. For me RVD sa ECW days makes it look more spectacular.

Boneo likes this

Another finisher I like is the shooting star press. When done properly, it is a thing of beauty, like when Evan Bourne/Matt Sydal does it. If you mess up though, like Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania, it is a very dangerous move.

N-eazy likes this

Another finisher I like is the shooting star press. When done properly, it is a thing of beauty, like when Evan Bourne/Matt Sydal does it. If you mess up though, like Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania, it is a very dangerous move.

Classic Botch yung shooting star press ni Brock haha. But it shows how athletic he is for a guy his size. Si Billy Kidman una ko naalala gumagawa nun pero Evan Bourne took it to another level.

Sir Boneo yung Starship Pain tung Split Legged Corckscrew Moonsault... whew!

Its always nice to see someone do a frigsplash jo matter what era. Natatandaan ko bata pa lang ako si Superfly Jimmy Snuka. For me RVD sa ECW days makes it look more spectacular.

At ngayon meron tayong Red Arrow by Neville hehe. Gusto ko makakita ng finisher na bagong bago talaga sa paningin, sawang sawa na ako sa same moves all over again like spear and super kick, kasi signature na talaga sya ng sikat na wrestler gusto ko meron silang move na tatatak talagang sila ang may gawa

> Canadian Destroyer ni Petey Williams. Totally fake. Totally awesome

> AJ Lee's Black Widow

> Kaval's Warrior's Way because it looks painful

> 1st Sin Cara's La Mistica

> Bret Hart's Sharpshooter

> The Hurricane's Vertebreaker

> Daniel Bryan's LeBell Lock

Boneo and N-eazy like this

canadian destroyer *_* idk ang sick lang talaga nung move n yun para sakin kahit fake lol.

and siguro clothesline from hell ni JBL, gusto ko rin ung discuss clothesline ni harper pero mas gusto ko ung kay JBL. oo common lang ung clothesline sa mga wrestler pero ewan ko kapag si JBL na gumawa ang brutal ng dating

karamihan kasi ng mga moves n matitindi delikado/banned sa wwe eh. 

Ah yes, the Canadian Destroyer of Petey Williams, I agree, even if it's so fake and requires the other wrestler to jump/flip as well, it just looked totally awesome when he was doing it in TNA. I forgot about the Vertebreaker of Hurricane, another cool move he 1st started doing in WCW, but got banned due to being too dangerous,as the other wrestler has no way of protecting himself when their arms are pinned. 

Boneo likes this

I see Neville's Red Arrow as another version of the Frog Splash or Cross Body na may 1.25x level of pain siguro compared to the latter dahil sa artistic dive. Parang thing of beauty ang finisher na yun like Evan Bourne's or Billy Kidman.

Hindi ako makarelate sa the Canadian Destroyer. Hindi kasi ako nanonood ng TNA.

Speaking of Spear, ilan ba sila na may ganung finisher? Edge, Goldberg, Roman Reigns, kahit yata si Charlotte ginagamit yun e. I really find it lame. Parang shoulder tackle lang na medyo OA.

Boneo likes this

maganda pa noon at exciting pa panoorin ang TNA nung 6 sided ring pa. panahon ng X Division puro sila high flyer. dun nagboom ng todo si aj styles. nalala ko non sobrang benta sakin nung theme song nia sa TNA yung get ready to fly. nkkhype lol

actually may isa pa siang finisher na para saken mas maganda s styles clash pero di n niya gngamit. ung spiral tap

pinaka hard na spear yung kay golberg d ko matandaan kung nabasa ko or may napanood ako iniinterview noon matagal n kasi pero about dyan kay goldberg n parang marami daw ayaw sia kamatch kasi msiado sia gigil magspear lol. 

I see Neville's Red Arrow as another version of the Frog Splash or Cross Body na may 1.25x level of pain siguro compared to the latter dahil sa artistic dive. Parang thing of beauty ang finisher na yun like Evan Bourne's or Billy Kidman.

Hindi ako makarelate sa the Canadian Destroyer. Hindi kasi ako nanonood ng TNA.

Speaking of Spear, ilan ba sila na may ganung finisher? Edge, Goldberg, Roman Reigns, kahit yata si Charlotte ginagamit yun e. I really find it lame. Parang shoulder tackle lang na medyo OA.

Sa spear, we also have, Batista, Big Show, Rhyno (gore) Kelly Kelly (one time), Christian (Specialty and borrowed from Edge)

Goldberg & Rhyno for me stands out pagdating sa Spear, I was Youtube to see his best hits & I heard about that rumor of guys getting hurt dahil sa gigil nya. Oh forgot about the Rated R Superstar pagdating sa build up bago nya ideliver yung finishing move that facial expression & yung classic na spear kay Jeff Hardy habang nakabitin sa ladder.

Edited by N-eazy
Boneo likes this

Red Arrow of Neville is awesome.  A lot of the finishers from NXT Wrestlers are awesome.  Bray Wyatt's Sister Abigail, kahit spinning STO lang yun, ung buildup kasi alam mong finisher(spider walk and shit).

My absolute favorites atm are Hideo Itami's GTS(he did it on a house show), and Balor's Coup De Grace, and Owen's Pop Up Powerbomb.  Balor's finisher is just a double foot stomp, but when he does it, it looks damn good.

Boneo likes this

Ung finishers kasi attributed dun sa wrestler mismo eh.  Example si Shawn Michaels.  Sobrang dami na ng gumagamit ng super kick pero iba parin ung kay michaels. 

I read that Vince is not comfortable with AJ using the Styles Clash as his finisher, that is why he has been using the calf crusher lately in his matches. While the styles clash is one of my favourite finishers, I could understand why they want AJ to use the submission move instead, to lessen the chance for injuries.

N-eazy likes this

I read that Vince is not comfortable with AJ using the Styles Clash as his finisher, that is why he has been using the calf crusher lately in his matches. While the styles clash is one of my favourite finishers, I could understand why they want AJ to use the submission move instead, to lessen the chance for injuries.

I read an article from WhatCulture of wrestlers injured or got off lucky from the Styles Clash. It appears if the recipient of the move forgets to tuck his chin, it could lead to a serious neck injury. While for the most part it's not on AJ, I think Vince is on the right here not wanting to risk any accidents.