Kraidazen

Election 2016

163 posts in this topic

Miriam & BBM... executive positions should prepare for the country's future. I believe that they should lead and push for government programs that are for the long term " Nation Building ".

Research & Development should be given more priority for social progress. Projects or studies that were started and invested upon that are really needed by our country should be continued by whoever wins the presidency...

hxxps://www.facebook.com/320936378112304/videos/370180533187888

Edited by Helfayv
livelinks not allowed....

For President, it's either Binay or Defensor-Santiago

Defensor Santiago

Pros: Vast experience in politics, well-educated background, strong conviction, no history of corruption

Cons: Aside from social media, she is not really that well popular among majority of voters

Binay

Pros: Has a good background as the Local Chief Executive of City of Makati, very popular among the masses

Cons: tainted with numerous allegations of corruption

I know many of you will hate me for even considering Binay as a choice, but think about this; they say that once corrupt, always corrupt, right? However, if he is really corrupt, why is it that imputations of corrupt acts against him were those allegedly committed when he was a Mayor, but no allegations of corruption were committed during his term as VP?

For VP

Definitely Bongbong Marcos, he has a good track record as governor of Ilocos Norte, and a good legislator as well.

Leni Robredo might be a tough opponent for Marcos, but aside from her being the wife of the late Jesse Robredo, she has not yet proven herself in the area of politics and public administration, so my vote is definitely for Marcos.

For Senator

I haven't considered all the candidates, but one thing is for sure: #IpasoksiDick

Dick Gordon has proven himself worthy. His notable contributions, among others, Development of Olongapo, Development of SBMA, and was responsible for the passage of the Automated Election Law. Although our electoral system is far from perfect, the automation of elections lessened the possibility for cheating.

Edited by soundnin714

Voting for Binay. Makati is one of the most well run cities in the Philippines they also have the most benefits for their citizens out of all the cities in the Philippines.

I just have to comment on this. 1st, it was not Binay who was responsible for the development of Makati. Even before the term of Binay Makati is already at the hype of its development. Thanks to the Ayalas and other corporate tycoons and foreign investors. And with regards to the benefits all cities has its benefits, its just so that Makati has one of the largest income tax collection so their benefits are more pronounced at dahil malaki ang tax collection hindi halata kung nanakaw yung iba dito. The benefits are just the front.

How should I know? My parents are employees in Makati City Hall long before Binay was Mayor.

D'Ace likes this

boto ako kay mar roxas kasi mukha naman siyang matino at mukhang magaling siyang leader, kaso lang mahina siya sa pr kaya mukhang onti lang yung may gusto sakanya.

at saka mayaman na yan si mar dati pa kaya bakit pa siya mangunguha ng pera ng tao (if ever) kung dati pa lang mayaman na siya

orayt

Well that's what the anti-Binays would normally say, that Binay is not responsible for the growth of Makati City. But I think, businessmen would not opt to start a business in a city which is not conducive for economic growth. Speaking differently, cities should make their environment viable for economic growth to encourage influx of establishments. Yes, I agree that it is not through the sole effort of Binay that Makati is what it is as of today. However, it would be unfair not to recognize his efforts to make Makati City a very desirable place for businessmen to start their business.

President: Duterte or MDS. Definitely not Mar, Poe or Binay.

I believe Duterte can change something in the Philippines. Kahit na palamura sya at mapagbanta lagi.

Basta maayos nya ang disiplina ng mga Pilipino, disiplina sa kalye, sa pagtatapon ng basura at sa iba pang bagay.

Yun ang kulang sa mga Pinoy ngayon para sa akin. At sunod na dun ang mabawasan ang krimen at kung anu ano pang di magagandang bagay

na ngyayari sa paligid. Kapag ang mga bagay na ito ay maayos na tsaka na yung economic growth at iba pang bagay.

Isa pang maganda kay Digong, di rin sya corrupt. Makikita naman sa simpleng bahay nya.

Naisip ko maganda din yung sinusulong nya na Federalism. Ibigay sa local gov't ang power, money, etc para bawat region sa Pinas ay umasenso.

Ang nangyayari kasi sa current gov't style natin ay nafofocus masyado sa NCR. Ang ibang mga probinsya nababalewala.

At kapag localized na ang power, money, mas madali na makikita ang corruption at iba pang bagay.

Here's the link about Federalism: hxxp://streetsmartpinoy.com/3/post/2015/12/federalism-and-why-people-conglomerates-from-ncr-are-afraid-of-it.html

VP: Marcos or Cayetano (will research pa about Alan, not sure pa). Not Leni Robredo or Chiz, (sayang si Jessy Robredo kung sya bka pwede pa)

Senator: Dick

Edited by Helfayv
pls no live links!..
Anonymous Incognito likes this

Mr. D'Ace - the article you just mentioned happened to provide this statement: "Graft and corruption will be localized and contained without affecting other neighboring Regions."

That's the reason why we should rethink the option of Federalism. While Duterte is a good example of good local governance, that is simply not the case as for the other provinces, cities and municipalities. Majority of regions do not have Duterte for a leader. Hence, Federalism will just perpetuate corruption as various localities are controlled by local warlords and dysnasties. Federalism might open the opportunity of the rise of another Ampatuan, so to speak. But I do believe the promise of grassroots development offered by Federalism; however, majority of the regions are not ready for self-government, as again, there are still many dynasties who are more interested on keeping the power rather the development of their own regions. If graft and corruption will be localized, then it is tantamount to leaving these localities behind.

And I also don't believe that diffusing of power also carries with it the transfer of many businesses to other regions. That is simply not the case. For example, in the United States, the business districts are concentrated on key cities, such as the Manhattan District in New York. The US is a Federal Government, but you don't see the equivalent of Wall Street on states such as Ohio, Tennessee, Minnesota, Texas, or Alaska. So, Federalism would only simplify the corruption as the business conglomerates would only have to bribe the local officials in NCR, rather than bribe the officers of National Government. Federalism would then be more advantageous to conglomerates in NCR.

At this point, as flawed as he is, Mar may be the best choice.

I would rather vote for Miriam than Mar in a perfect world, but there's really no chance that Miriam will win so voting for her would be a wasted vote. 

So it's really Mar vs Duterte, and Duterte is a lot of talk so far without a lot of sensible substance. Plus there's the issue regarding his extracurricular activities. Mar is far from the ideal candidate, but you know you'll at least be generally alright with him as president, he just won't achieve anything too great or different from the current admin because he basically is the current admin. 

Mr. D'Ace - the article you just mentioned happened to provide this statement: "Graft and corruption will be localized and contained without affecting other neighboring Regions."

That's the reason why we should rethink the option of Federalism. While Duterte is a good example of good local governance, that is simply not the case as for the other provinces, cities and municipalities. Majority of regions do not have Duterte for a leader. Hence, Federalism will just perpetuate corruption as various localities are controlled by local warlords and dysnasties. Federalism might open the opportunity of the rise of another Ampatuan, so to speak. But I do believe the promise of grassroots development offered by Federalism; however, majority of the regions are not ready for self-government, as again, there are still many dynasties who are more interested on keeping the power rather the development of their own regions. If graft and corruption will be localized, then it is tantamount to leaving these localities behind.

And I also don't believe that diffusing of power also carries with it the transfer of many businesses to other regions. That is simply not the case. For example, in the United States, the business districts are concentrated on key cities, such as the Manhattan District in New York. The US is a Federal Government, but you don't see the equivalent of Wall Street on states such as Ohio, Tennessee, Minnesota, Texas, or Alaska. So, Federalism would only simplify the corruption as the business conglomerates would only have to bribe the local officials in NCR, rather than bribe the officers of National Government. Federalism would then be more advantageous to conglomerates in NCR.

This. We are a country with severe problems with political dynasties in the local government level. We have political families in Cavite that have colluded and divided the province between themselves instead of competing against each other in the election. I don't believe that our local government is ready for more power, they already have far too much as it is. We have so much election related violence at the local level, it's because it is basically like a feudal system. Federalism is just a terrible idea when you take into context the situation that most of our provinces face in terms of leadership

Miriam or Duterte lang talaga.

Delikado pag napunta sa kamay ni Binay o ni Mar ang pilipinas. 

At least yung former 2, ay concrete ang mga nagawa na talaga. Given the fact na matagal na nung huling tumakbo si Miriam, na-black propaganda lang talaga. Si Duterte naman ay base naman sa makikita mo sa Davao, all the merits and all, walang makakapantay sa nagawa ng liderato nya para sa pagbabago ng Davao. 

Duterte or Miriam

parang wala naman kasing nagawa si noynoy sa termino nya bilang pangulo. parang mas masarap pa ung buhay ko nung si GMA pa ang namumuno ng bansa. So id rather not vote Mar kasi mukang sipsip na sipsip sya kay noynoy and defenitely not binay.

Santiago may be the best option. She is not motivated by money anymore. Politics is her passion, her life, so she is the least person to be tempted by corruption. But she will not win just because she has little money for campaign compared to the shits out there in their glamorous commercials. So voting for her means voting for her means more chances of win for the shits. Duterte had my vote before. Really, i registered for absentee voting because of him but now, i am second thoughts on this guy. He has just so many baggages that cannot be overlooked so easily. Now i am confused as fuck. Deym!

miriam or duterte 

haha first ung sinabi nga ni karma.. mas maginhawa rin buhay ko nung panahon ni gloria ahahahha

pangalawa nakakaurat si mar pag nagbibigay ng statement nya.. 

At this point, given all the crazy stuff Duterte has been saying, I'm pretty sure that you kind of have to be crazy to vote for him. Wanting to drop algebra and trigonometry from the curriculum? Supporting Binay if he was disqualified? These are just such major red flags that he is inching very close to Binay territory. 

Narrowed down to Mar, Poe, and Miriam. Poe is likely to be disqualified, Miriam probably can't win, so that leaves Mar as the last choice left by process of elimination. He's not great, but he's what we've got. 

when i went to davao a few years ago, i saw the confidence of people regarding davao's campaign against petty crime. My friend's office had a table outside in the street. This was near ateneo so it was a busy street. We were hanging out when my friend told me that we go inside for a while. I told him "you left your cellphone on the table." He answered, "wala naman kukuha nyan."