• Announcements

• Helfayv

Server Status   06/23/19

The server is experiencing intermittent downtime and we are already working in resolving the issue.  In the meantime please be patient and continue supporting the site. APS Admin
Kraidazen

Election 2016

163 posts in this topic

Makikisali lang xD Gusto ko sana duterte eh kaso di nmn kaya maging abusado mga hitman nya? yung mga pulis baka may mapatay na inosente naman pala.

Sino vice president na iboboto nyo??

Robredo seems like the only decent choice. The VP position is a three horse race with only Chiz, Bongbong, and Robredo having a decent chance of winning. Bongbong is a martial law denier, so that's an automatic no. Chiz is generally not trustworthy, he's got connections to bad people, So Robredo it is, and she is a good candidate, she just has no experience whatsoever, and she suffers from the flaws that Mar has to an extent, in terms of being super stuck to Daang Matuwid even if people don't believe in it anymore. 

At the moment, it may be logical to vote for Duterte considering the "optional obedience to our laws". But is 6 years enough? What will happen after 6 years? Will there be another one who will step up and follow through?

Let's also remember that the Government has 3 branches; the Legislative, Justice, and Executive. All the members of the Legislative are elected. He can however appoint the Justices but can only be remove through impeachment. He has to become a dictator in order to overcome all the legal impediments to his future actions, both legally and illegally.

I am not against Duterte, up to now I'm still undecided.

Edited by edpoli

At the moment, it may be logical to vote for Duterte considering the "optional obedience to our laws". But is 6 years enough? What will happen after 6 years? Will there be another one who will step up and follow through?

Let's also remember that the Government has 3 branches; the Legislative, Justice, and Executive. All the members of the Legislative are elected. He can however appoint the Justices but can only be remove through impeachment. He has to become a dictator in order to overcome all the legal impediments to his future actions, both legally and illegally.

I am not against Duterte, up to now I'm still undecided.

The main case against the whole "kamay ng bakal" idea is that, if we REALLY want to change and fix things, it has to come about by fixing institutions, not having it based on the presence of a person. Because as mentioned, Duterte cannot be president forever. If your entire justice system or level of discipline is based on him being there, then that just means that all your progress will go away once he goes away as well, because it will become business as usual again. You fix the institutions because they are the ones there for life, they go beyond any president or political figure. If we want speedy justice, we need more courts, we need more judges, we need more public attorneys. If we want more adherence to law and order, we need more policemen visible and who do their jobs without resorting to corruption, we need laws and penalties that will actually be enforced, those are the real solutions to our problems. 

Great point pare. Another important factor that I think we should all consider is political stability. Duterte's brand of governance isn't as stable as the other candidates'. May remarks pa siya na pag hindi niya nagawa bababa siya or ibibigay niya kay Marcos presidency. These can unduly shake the over-all stability of the nation which comes with economic stability. I'd rather go with the boring but safe candidate than with an exciting but unpredictable one.

This_Is_The_End likes this

The main case against the whole "kamay ng bakal" idea is that, if we REALLY want to change and fix things, it has to come about by fixing institutions, not having it based on the presence of a person. Because as mentioned, Duterte cannot be president forever. If your entire justice system or level of discipline is based on him being there, then that just means that all your progress will go away once he goes away as well, because it will become business as usual again. You fix the institutions because they are the ones there for life, they go beyond any president or political figure. If we want speedy justice, we need more courts, we need more judges, we need more public attorneys. If we want more adherence to law and order, we need more policemen visible and who do their jobs without resorting to corruption, we need laws and penalties that will actually be enforced, those are the real solutions to our problems. 

I agree with you that the change should come from fixing the institutions. But the way things are going, and by the way Duterte and his supporters are putting it, the only way to do it is with Duterte. We've seen this kind of thinking, take Pampanga for example. Ed Panlilio was elected due to the clamor of the people for change, but we saw what happened. He failed to change the institution because the institution don't want to be changed. Of course he did not rule with a "kamay na bakal", and so the institution removed him. The institution I'm referring to is the institution of corruption. Corruption has become a way of life for many especially in the government. You cannot simply elect any President and expect change, if the institutions don't want to be changed. And the President cannot do that change, just by being President. That president has to become a dictator.

Chiz is generally not trustworthy, he's got connections to bad people.

Tama ka diyan brother. I know of someone powerful locally (hindi politiko) na may dubious connection kay Chiz. I can't say who since wala naman akong proof na pinanghahawakan other than I know somebody na dating nagtrabaho doon sa connected sa kaniya. All I can say is mahal relos niyan :D

Ako i think i will go for #MarLeni this 2016. Say what you wanna say about kay mar pero napakatalinong tao niya at kung titignan niyo mga huling sagutan niya kay du30. Walang wala si digong, mar is saying facts, habang si digong hanggang "bayot ka etc" nalang ang kayang sabihin.

jiggybytes likes this

I really don't have a dog in the presidential race as I feel after this whole dog and pony show that is the election dies down, it's business as usual but I find it fascinating that some people actually believes crime will instantly go away if Duterte becomes president (the dude's not a wizard, calm your mammaries down) or Binay would actually make education free, or whatever the hell the other hopefuls are promising. I get na these people are bigger than life and no different from celebrities, but man, the things I read sa FB at sa iba pang social networks is downright depressing and at the same time comedy gold. Sure their platforms are simplified for easy consumption but taking everything at face value is cringe-worthy.

On a related note, a local disgraced politician na kumakandidato sa lugar namin for mayor promised na kapag nanalo siya, babayaran niya 'yung naiwang utang ng bayan from his personal account. The debt was astronomical and it affected 'yung service nung local utility company even until now. The f***er left our city in shambles and I find it disgusting na somehow bargaining chip niya 'yun for a new term when kung talagang may malasakit siya sa bayan namin, matagal na niyang binayaran 'yun kahit hindi election and in the first place siya 'yung dahilan kung bakit nagkabaon-baon sa utang. I'm not a violent person at all but I would like to smack in the head 'yung mga taong boboto pa sa kaniya this election.

Edited by This_Is_The_End
Rockpen and GoryTonio like this

In short they are all the same. The difference between election before and now is that.. At present, politicians all over the world takes advantage of social media. I believe it's all about social media hype :) kung sino ang mas matunog na pangalan eh yun na ang mananalo. Sa USA ang matinding mag abuse ng social media ay si Donald trump. Man that politician is very annoying sa twitter. Kada minuto may twit siya.

Edited by Patrick
This_Is_The_End likes this