wowsh

What's Your Most Memorable Moments In Gaming?

32 posts in this topic

Hahaha curious lang ako sa mga ibang gamer dyan kung ano memorable moments niyo.

Mine is yung bata ako were playing resident evil nemesis with our neighbor sa isang haunted room sudenly lumabas yung halimaw sabay nagsara yung pinto damn vr experience 90s version

Some of my more memorable gaming moments at the top of my head:

- Patapos na ako then nabura 'yung save ko ng Final Fantasy VIII :(

- Beating all challengers from a nearby internet shop sa Tekken 4 once. This is not a testament to my mad skills sa Tekken but rather how noobish the local competition was :)

- Finishing Chrono Trigger then reading sometime later na it has multiple endings so I went back and replayed it several times to see each one.

- Seeing my non-gamer sister beat Legend of Zelda Link to the Past. She didn't even use a FAQ.

- Seeing GTA 3 gameplay for the first time. I was amazed at how open the world was. First time I upgraded my 4-year-old PC back then so I can play the game.

- Upgrading my PC for the second time so I can play Far Cry, Doom 3, and Half-Life 2. Seeing Far Cry in action was glorious.

Haberdash likes this

Hay, medyo mahirap 'to ah. Siguro para sa akin:

-beating emerald and ruby weapon in ff7

-beating omega weapon in ff8 "normally" and with "the end"

-accidentally finding out that a classmate knows LoZ:LttP and helps me move to the 7 crystals quest because I was too dumb not to know that I should just lift a rock to access the area after years of thinking lol

PS1 Era.. Elementary and Early Highschool days. Since yung gaming time is limited only to two hours on weekends, that means you only have 4 hour of gameplay for a week. So matagal tapusin yung games and kailangan sure save and todo ingat sa memory card. And since hindi lahat may access sa internet, Cheat Codes are found on newspapers, or GameShark.

Finished Bloody Roar in an arcade with just 1 token. 

I did the combo finishing moves in marvel vs. capcom. Memorable because i was just randomly moving the joystick and pressing buttons.

Finding out about the secret spots of Legendary Pokemon.

Every Rampage and Comeback wins in Dota and Dota 2 

naku, mahirap hirap to kasi madami akong nilalaro ehh. well for me its:

PS1: when my friend dare me to play Resident evil 2 at night. binangungot ako ng 2 gabi nun.

PS2: killing yasmaht, the most powerful monster in the FF XII game.

PS3: beating veteran difficulty right on the first try in call of duty modern war fare

PC: Dragon nest- killing the green dragon at hard core difficulty

DOTA 2- winning against a mega creep and against a 4 v 5 scenario

I'll add to what I said earlier.

1.  As I said, as a kid, nothing beats that Psycho Mantis.  The ingenious way of switching ps1 controller ports so that he cannot read your mind is awesome.  Metal Gear Solid was a game way ahead of its time.  Hideo Kojima is a genius.

2.  On the ps2, FFX way of getting each character's ultimate weapons.  The annoying lightning dodges and that chocobo stuff.

3.  PS2 again, and another Metal Gear, this time Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.  It would be the boss fight against The End as there are two ways to defeat him.  One is to play normally and find that sniper and use whatever it takes.  The other is the genius of Kojima showing up again.  If you save in the middle of the boss fight and switch of the game and wait for 2 weeks(or advance the time clock of the console), when you load your file, The End would have died of natural causes(he was old).  Aside from that, you can also kill him a bit earlier when you see him on a wheelchair, completely removing the boss fight if you do kill him.

4.  PS3, the whole Arkham Asylum game.  There were no good superhero games until that one came along.

5.  PC, Playing Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft for the first time.

6.  Sega Genesis :  This would be technically my first console.  I had the second version of the Genesis.  I finished Sonic games on it. 

Haberdash and This_Is_The_End like this

Too many to count but I think my most memorable experience wasn't in the game per se. It was painstakingly researching, learning and eventually building and buying an uber PC. Broke bank, but damn it was worth it! #pcmasterrace :P

Nagwo-work pa ako sa KFC nun 4PM hanggang 12AM shift ko, tapos co-op kami ng ka-work ko sa Gears of War 1 ata or 2, natapos namin yung campaign insane mode around 7AM na. And then work ulit ng 12PM lol. Epic! Hirap patayin ni Raam nung final boss.

Yung akin maglalaro sa kapit bahay ng Twisted metal sa Playstation 1. Dahil salit-salitan kaming mag kakalaro, dapat magaling ka at di mamatay para di mo ma pasa ang joystick sa iba. Pressure kung marami kami, sa isang oras kaisa mo lang mahahawakan ang joystick.

SilentYukino22 likes this

Yung excited ako mag grocery para pumunta kami sa SuperSale ( not sure kung yan name pero dun yun dati sa sm north bago pa magkaruon ng the block ) and pwede mag rent don ng playstation at maglalaro ako ng spyro hahaha

Just realized I didn't answer the question properly. :P My most memorable moments in gaming are:

1. Playing Final Fantasy 6. I still consider this the best RPG of all time, even after all these years. Of course, this is my personal perspective as I played this as a kid and this was one of the first RPGs I had ever played. ^_^

2. 3 years of MMORPG in Lord of the Rings Online. And taking down a Balrog and an undead Smaug in 24 man raids. ^_^ As a long time LOTR fan, being in their universe and lore, and being a badass, is something I will remember till my dying day. ^_^

If I can think of anymore I'll add them at a later date. ^_^

SiCLOUD likes this

Good ending ng Chrono Cross and nung ginulpi ko ung Crypsphinx sa chono cross ilbis na sagutin ung tanong.

Tekken Tag Tournament 3rd placer lang kasi addict dalawang naglaban sa finals.

nilabanan namin nung pinsan ko ung kuya ko na counter strike champion. naka 100 na kills na siya bago  namin siya napatay. 2v1 ito ha and di man ako magaling pero pag iba kalaban napapatay ko naman. :chu1:

Haberdash likes this

memorable moment.. id say when i finished final fantasy crisis core in which that moment Zack Fair died.. one week im saddened by it. damn the story is really good you will be emotionally attached to the characters :'(

Most memorable boss for me would be the final Colossi from Shadow of the Colossus. This game is a real gem, sama mo rin yng Ico and The Last Guardian. Very unique gaming exp.