• Announcements

• REDivivus.WRAITH

APS NEEDS YOUR HELP FOR 2020!!!   11/12/19

Hello APS'ters It's been more than 10 years APS staff has been keeping this place alive and kickin ass from the rest!!!  And now is the time for us to ask help from all of you who are enjoying this place. APS are looking for generous members who are willing to show some support and love to raise funds for our VPS hosting and domain name fees. We would like to make the most contributions as much as we can and use all of it for " VPS hosting and Domain name fees" ONLY (no personal interest/expenses) We want to keep this community alive and that wouldn't be possible without your help. We won't be promising any VIP access or whatsoever for monetary contributions. But....... we can assure you that your contributions big or small can keep this place alive and We will give you an APS Supporter (yellow pants) to give credits and recognition sa inyong tulong! ...and extra freebies if your account still needs it!!! If you are feeling generous today feel free to send your contributions to our PAYPAL account. (ANY AMOUNT ARE WELCOME) PAYPAL: allpinoystuff2017@yahoo.com If you have any questions comment on this thread or Feel free to send me or any Admins/Supreme Mods a PM. If you have contributed or will be contributing please let us know so we can directly say "thank you" to you. Thanks in advance and more power to APS!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jon Snow

Condo or House and Lot?

28 posts in this topic

Just want to hear your thoughts guys. Which one do you think is better, condo na within Metro Manila or house and lot sa outskirts ng Metro Manila. Both of us are working here in Metro Manila.

Thanks!

rent a condo. that way you don't get stuck in debt paying for a house and lot. and if possible look for condos built in the 90s or early 2000s, bigger floor space at a lower price compared to the newer units. you may also want to consider the commute, getting a condo nearer to your workplace might net some savings in time and money.

Jon Snow likes this

You mentioned that "Both of us are working here in Metro Manila", so I'm assuming you're planning to move-in with your partner. Having said that - I do recommend getting a condo. I've been through the same situation before and I hope this helps:

In the recent years, most buyers have decided to purchase condos over houses due to the effect of urban living. Condos are usually located in urban areas within walking distance of malls, shops, restaurants and other places of interest. For people working within these areas like you and her, it is more convenient to choose this option.

Also, condos usually have amenities that you don’t find in standard houses like swimming pools and gyms which is quite pleasing.

Shared maintenance expenses. Association dues are paid by the owners of all the units to share common expenses, which has for effect to lower the maintenance cost. For example: for a condominium, if the roof of the building is leaking and need to be fixed, the cost will be shared among all unit owners, whereas if the roof of your own house needs to be fixed you will be the only one liable for it.

And lastly, since you have jobs. You need to save time and energy. It is wise to have an ease maintaining a unit. You won't have to worry cleaning the whole yard or repainting the gate.

Jon Snow, calos and GangPlank like this

I'll make it brief and concise... Condo is a big no unless you will make it a business by leasing it. House and lot or town house is better because you own the entire thing no membership dues, parking fee etc. In short free ka gawin gusto mo.

Jon Snow likes this

House if merong mga bata, pero kng wala mas magnda ang condo, specially if yung loc is malapit sa work nyo and malapit sa mga mall. Pag me bata kasi kailangan ng space lalo na kung todler na, malikot na sila at hindi magandang apat na pader lang ang kinikilusan.

Jon Snow likes this

Buying isn't always the best option if it will put you in debt.  If you have no plans of starting a family in 3-5 years then leasing allows you to be flexible. with the number of condos coming out and other housing developments close to completion there will be a property glut in the coming years.

People underestimate the cost of buying and furnishing a house and lot.

Jon Snow likes this

House and lot outskirts of Manila though kalaban mo lng is traffic if papasok ka sa umaga and uuwi sa gabi. Pero there are always alternative routes like secondary roads na hindi masyado nadadaanan if makabisado mo it will help living outside M.M.

Jon Snow likes this

some people buy house and lots on the outskirts and then rent a small place in the city. they stay in the city during the weekday and go home during weekends.

Jon Snow likes this

@Calos. Good idea. Pero sir, parang mabigat ata yung rent plus monthly amortization. Kaya ko din iniisip na bumili ng property dahil nanghihinayang ako sa rent.

Buy a house. Though it will be hard, in the end you will call it your own. Tiyagaan lang yan. Iniipon mo na kasi mga bagay na pang retirement na rin. I wouldn't like to retire in a city. Especially taking the status of Metro Manila as of now.

Jon Snow and Rockpen like this

di ganun kadali yan, matagal bago mabawi. pero kung gusto mo at may extra cash ka go with cityland and the more affordable condos, those are easier to rent.

Of course house and lot. ang bilis tumaas ng value ng lupa per square boss. Condo for me is for convenience and a little extra income if you plan na ipa-rent siya :) In sor, very good investment ang house and lot, especially lot :) for me. hehe

Thanks for the input. I'm not sure if it's a good idea pero I am thinking of buying a house somewhere in Cavite or Laguna then ipa-rent which will serve na din as pang monthly amortization nung bahay. Then, since dito nga ako sa Manila nagwo-work, magre-rent muna ko ng apartment. Kung dito kasi sa Metro bibili ng bahay, grabe ang presyo. 

GangPlank likes this

buy a house or an empty lot specially if you have a family or planning to it is something you can build upon god willing 10 years from now you can extend it add a white picket fence or even a whole new floor because that land is yours from the dirt to space while a condo given it is the center of the metro restrict you in a boxed living in the 20nd something of a building yeah it's a doable way of living while you are single but when the children start popping 

Jon Snow likes this

There are pros and cons but the underlying things that you can consider are Comfort, Financial Flexibility and Practicality.

Before buying a house, look at the long term goals for it.

When renting a condo, does it make sense to buy the unit or just lease for a majority of you life.

My parents were able to buy our home after 30 years or more of leasing. If you have the means to get one at an early age then go for it.

Jon Snow likes this

House and Lot, yes, convenient ang condo, but still iba parin pag may house and lot ka na sayo, sa condo may limit ang buildings unlike pag house and lot you can do almost anything on it. :)

pag bumili ba condo magiging iyo na yon? or parang apartment naupa lang? kapatid ko kase lage sinusuggest sakin to everytime na nauwi ako sa PH, malayo kase bahay namin fromn MNL to CAV pag magttrabaho sya at rereport ako sa opisina trapik lang hassle na sa balikan.

iyo ang ilang square meters ng building pag bili mo ng condo unit. ibang tao naguupa ng condo malapit sa office, doon sila sa weekdays tapos uuwi sa bahay nila sa cavite/laguna/etc pag weekend.

1 hour ago, calos said:

iyo ang ilang square meters ng building pag bili mo ng condo unit. ibang tao naguupa ng condo malapit sa office, doon sila sa weekdays tapos uuwi sa bahay nila sa cavite/laguna/etc pag weekend.

so pag bumili kami amin na ung condo for life? pag nabayaran ng full? hmmm medyo naguguluhan pa ko. sorry hehe