• Announcements

• REDivivus.WRAITH

APS NEEDS YOUR HELP FOR 2019!!!   11/05/18

Hello APS'ters It's been more than 10 years APS staff has been keeping this place alive and kickin ass from the rest!!!  And now is the time for us to ask help from all of you who are enjoying this place. APS are looking for generous members who are willing to show some support and love to raise funds for our VPS hosting and domain name fees. We would like to make the most contributions as much as we can and use all of it for " VPS hosting and Domain name fees" ONLY (no personal interest/expenses) We want to keep this community alive and that wouldn't be possible without your help. We won't be promising any VIP access or whatsoever for monetary contributions. But....... we can assure you that your contributions big or small can keep this place alive and We will give you an APS Supporter (yellow pants) to give credits and recognition sa inyong tulong! and that's the only thing we can promise you. If you are feeling generous today feel free to send your contributions to our PAYPAL account. (ANY AMOUNT ARE WELCOME) PAYPAL: allpinoystuff2017@yahoo.com If you have any questions comment on this thread or Feel free to send me or any Admins/Supreme Mods a PM. If you have contributed or will be contributing please let us know so we can directly say "thank you" to you. Thanks in advance and more power to APS!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
REAL.xHades

Open World Games

13 posts in this topic

Mga ka APS meron ba kayong ma i-suggest na Open World Online games na parang Defiance, Archeage,Tera, RO2,Blade and soul? SALAMAT!!  :peace:

Baka meron ka pa iba alam sir calos pang F2P lang po ako :D

Boss I'm sorry if I'm going to be that guy but I think what you are looking for are MMORPGs rather than open world games. Technically you are correct since most MMOs (and single-player RPGs) are open world but commonly the genre is attributed to games like Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Saint's Row, Red Dead Redemption, The last three Batman Arkham games (the first one is considered a Metroidvania), etc.

Again, sorry for being anal but on to the topic.

- Planetside 2 - MMOFPS. Needs a good connection since the Australian server is the closest.

- Rift

- Terra

- Path of Exile - Isometric RPG (Think Diablo). May not be as open world as the rest but it's F2P so it's risk-free to try it.

- Marvel Heroes - See above

- Neverwinter

- Divine Souls

- Black Desert Online - I'll suggest that you research first. Last time I checked there's an IP ban for some region and the only servers that might be available are populated by non-English players.

REAL.xHades, Haberdash and N-eazy like this

@This_Is_The_End.

Planetside 2 di ko nagustuhan pati Rift.
Tera saka POE na pag sawaan ko na.
Neverwinter, Divine Souls at marvel heroes Salamat dito mamimili muna ako kung ano una kong lalaruin.
Black Desert Online, Pang F2P lang po ako :D pero kapag nag karoon sa SEA ng english pag iisipan ko.

Ahhh edi free to play pala yung Black desert korea, kaso ang hirap mag laro ng ganun language sayang.

Yup F2P for the Asian market since aside from maybe WoW, buy-to-pay isn't generally big dito sa region natin. Even then, WoW has seen better days since the Chinese player count has dropped a lot since it's heyday.

There are English-speaking people in the Asian servers although I Googled now just to check where the game currently is, I guess we are still a minority.

best open world game for me is the Elder Scroll: Skyrim. lam ko itong laro din ang nag set ng example ng ibang open world games tulad ng GTA V, Witcher, and many more. at kahit mahigit 100+ hours ko nang nilalaro, di ko parin matapos lahat ng quest sa larong yun. and the second best open world for me is The Witcher, and GTA V. 

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands looks to be a promising open world game. Watch Dogs 2 also appears to have addressed the major issues that plagued the first one if the Ubisoft PR machine is to be believed. Still waiting for any hint of announcement for the Red Dead Redemption sequel.

One series that isn't often included whenever open world games are mentioned is the Dead Rising franchise. It's a smaller-scale open world game with a lite RPG character progression and fun weapon customization years before Dead Island and Dying Light made use of the same mechanic.

Haberdash and dhiesenphi like this

Another open world SP game to consider: State of Decay. One of the few decent open world games with a zombie survival theme. Unfortunately as it is an Xbox port to PC, it looks dated and controls are awkward (unless you use a controller).

I wouldn't consider it as "open world" as Bethesda games like Skyrim or Fallout as it is limited in map, story, and choices (ie. you can't have a "kill everything you meet gameplay like in skyrim ^_^ ). However, again it is one of the few zombie themed ones that is decent. ^_^

One thing I particularly liked was its focus on melee combat. Like the Dead Island series, melee combat is favored in the game. Unlike the DI series though, there is a severe penalty when using firearms. ^_^