Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PuffPuffPass

Exorcism: Real or Not?

10 posts in this topic

Marami ng movie regarding exorcism like The Exorcist or The Rite. Para sa Kulturang Pilipino, meron din tayong mga Albularyong nagsasagawa ng pagpapa alis ng mga demonyo sa isang tao.

Do you believe that demonic possession is real? Have you witnessed an actual exorcism ceremony or participated in one?

Discuss!

Boneo and Neo deLa Cruz like this

I'm having a hard time believing it but my mother swears up and down na totoo because her cousin was a victim of a supposed witch who tormented her through possession. Nakainggitan daw sa eskwela nung college sila. My uncle was used as a medium by the albolaryo to track down who was doing it. To cut a long story short, the albolaryo dude severed whatever it is tying my aunt to the witch. My mom wasn't sure if that meant killing the witch or just breaking the spell.

My devout grandmother also has several stories where she firsthand saw exorcisms done by a local priest during her younger years.

We live in the city by the way and not some far flung province.

Like most things, I'm a skeptic but I feel dismissing it outright would be arrogant. Maybe they did saw something that is hard to explain. I just don't dwell on it as it might invite whatever those things are. I'm on the fence with supernatural stuff but there's no harm in erring to the side of caution. Sounds stupid I know.

Neo deLa Cruz likes this

There are still a gazillion things we don't know about our earth and the creatures that dwells on it. For example. Did you know that the total volume of water on the surface of earth ie: ocean, seas, river and etc is minuscule when compared to the volume of water underneath the earth's crust? Is it possible that there is something down there living and thriving and might even have a civilization of their own?

With exorcism, I don't think it would actually work not unless the spirit itself leaves the body voluntarily or something really powerful scares them off. And yes it appears that evil spirit do exist and they proliferate areas that few people inhabits. Pero marami pa rin sila dito even the city. Ask mo lang yung ibang may experience at sasabihin nila lahat ng naramdaman nila even though hindi mo naman nararamdaman.

Marami na din akong narinig na kwento tungkol sa mga kababalaghan. One time, inalok ako nung isang kasamabahy ng kaibigan ko kung gusto ko daw ba talaga makakita ng mga engkanto. Ang gagawin daw sa akin ay habang natutulog ako, lalagyan daw niya ng towel na nilublob sa tubig ng may dasal yung mga mata ko. Tapos pag gising ko, makakakita na daw ako. Hindi ko sinubkan. Haha. Baka magka totoo talaga.

This_Is_The_End likes this

Maybe it is real becasue other priest learn how to exorcise and many have stories on experiencing or witnessing it..

Mahirap ehhh.. ako kasi yung tipo ng tao na hindi basta basta naniniwala sa mga ganito, pero halos lahat ng family members ko ay naniniwala and apparently half of my family members witnessed an exorcism at ayun sa kwento nila eh totoo daw... Well who knows.. 

Guys, when you see someone writhing on the ground, call for medical help and not a priest. That person is having an epileptic seizure, not a demonic possession.

Depends on who you ask. But, considering the Canon Law of Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churces, they will refuse exorcism at first instance. The alleged “possession” must be first have some scientific explanation, among others, schizoprenia or other mental illnesses. If all scientific and medical remedies are already exhausted, only then will these churches consider exorcism, still to be approved by their respective councils.