Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kapitan Fatz

What is your Internet Service Provider ?

29 posts in this topic

What is your ISP and feedback/comment about it, also location because sometimes it vary on places ?

How much and how about the speed ?

I am planning to get one.

Thanks APS! 

Shaw High Speed Internet (150 mbps) - Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada)

it's $100 CAD for the plan but currently on promotion for 50% off. I've been with Shaw since 2005, it's really good, never had any problems or drops compared to their rival, MTS. Got the 150 recently and it's been a breeze, been playing League of Legends with only 10 pings, used to have 40 which was already decent at the time. But since my entire family use a gadget, I had to go for the 150.

Before I was using Globe LTE broadband, 3mbps for P999 a month pero pinacut ko sya since naapektuhan ako nung FUP nila na may data capping na ng 7GB a day so I switched to:

Sky Broadband 8mbps - 1399 a month. No capping yung nagustuhan ko sa kanya and sobrang bilis sya lalo YouTube and Torrent.

Manila area ako.

Converge - 20mbps for Php 1,500/month. Best offer for a household connection sa lugar namin. Last month lang ako lumipat and so far so good naman.

I don't want to name names but my last ISP - it rhymes with Click Broadband - was pure garbage. Hindi lilipas ang isang buwan na hindi may issue ang connection. Last year, the worst was during November to December. Making them fix the problem was like getting your tooth extracted. 5 times pumunta sa bahay 'yung mga tech and even doon sa unang beses, they have identified na hindi sa end ko ang problem but it took them more than a month to fix it and ginawa lang nila nung may ibang taong nagrereklamo na rin sa area ko.

Edited by This_Is_The_End
Kapitan Fatz likes this

Sky cable broadband. It does great when it's night around like 10pm-7am. But it does lag sometimes. Been using it for almost 4 years now and the only thing bad about it is the costumer services.

On 2/21/2017 at 0:49 AM, GoryTonio said:

PLDT Fibr 50MBPS with Cignal TV - 3500 PHP per month.

Same as boss Gory. ^_^ It's expensive but sulit naman, considering many of us it at home with no visible lag or bandwidth problems. ^_^ I used to use a 10 Mbps plan and that was not worth it at all. :(

3 hours ago, Haberdash said:

Same as boss Gory. ^_^ It's expensive but sulit naman, considering many of us it at home with no visible lag or bandwidth problems. ^_^ I used to use a 10 Mbps plan and that was not worth it at all. :(

Yes sir sulit, 1 year na ako nakasubscribe sa Fiber at mga 2 reports pa lang ang issue ko, which is nasosolve din the next day or within the night.  Unlike with globe and DSL connections na kada ulan grounded or may issue at may cap

jigen likes this

i'm using sky broadband 25mbps at 1,899/month for almost a month now (mandaluyong). no issues so far aside from the wifi strength of the bundled modem, and the 3mbps limit on the upload (which is not a big issue for me). i was supposed to get converge but sadly there are no available slots for me, and pldt fibr is still not available. since, i don't want to wait for any of those 2, i ended up with sky.

Pldt dsl. Been using this for 10 years na. So far so good stable ang connection nya. Unlike sa iba. Natry ko na sila . Umulan balumakas man ang hangin lalo n pag me bagyo napuputol kaagad.

Dahil tight ang budget, Sky broadband lang with 3mbps at P999/month pero it gets the job done naman tsaka solo ko lang naman e :APS_thumbsup:

We have the PLDT MyDSL Plan 1699 with up to 5 Mbps speed here in North Caloocan. It fits our needs. Disconnections are very rare and far in between. Connection is very stable. There are a few moments where there is moderate decrease in internet speed mostly due to congestion in my area. All in all it still good enough for our needs.

PLDT Fibr 50MBPS... 2899/mo. no cap that's the advantage.. but very hard to apply for a line because it is very limited