Gilas Olympic Qualifying Roster

kusalagufagup

The final 12 man lineup for Gilas Pilipinas has been announced. And the players making the cut are:

1. Jayson Castro 

2. Ranidel De Ocampo 

3. June Mar Fajardo

4. Terrence Romeo

5. Japeth Aguilar

6. Gabe Norwood

7. Andray Blatche

8. Marc Pingris

9. Ryan Reyes

10. Troy Rosario

11. Jeff Chan

12. Bobby Ray Parks Jr

LA Tenorio and Calvin Abueva failed to make the final roster. Also worth noting is that the only real PG is Jason Castro. I think Terrence Romeo is more of a shooting guard. In the Olympic Qualifying tournament, Gilas will face bigger opponents than the ones that we usually go up against in the FIBA Asia so that might be a consideration why Tenorio and Abueva didn't made the team.

What do you guys think?

Crazy na cut yung 2. Sila yung magprovide stability tsaka an energy guy. I'm not knocking on Ryan Reyes I know he is a hell of a defensive player and can hit the occasional outside shot But.. Tenorio is a seasoned veteran lalo na sa International comp. When the situation comes I'd rather rely on him executing the play or improvising using his instincts as a PG.

In Abueva's case eto kinatakot ko nung Ray Parks Jr suited up. Alam ko Troy Rosario has tremdous upside I get it. But Abueva buo loob kahit pa hostile crowd he actually plays better believe me sinisigawan at mura namin yan just to get in his head kapag we watch live games and what does he do kapag nakakarinig ganyan? It fuels his fire and he does more positive things sa court at ending dilaan ka at aasarin ka pa. Let's not forget Troy looks shook at lost during yung mga 1st few games niya. Same with internatiinal comp may daga yan sa una. I know length and shootinh is important but give me a guy na mag go all out sa court specially may Japeth ka naman that can be inserted when you need a big line up.

Pakiramdam ko nagdeviate si coach tab sa gameplay nya. Mabilis yung palitan nya nung 1st qtr, dun sa 2nd qtr nagbabad na ng mga players. Sayang din hindi pinasok si japeth since kaya nya mag defend ng perimeter. Medyo mababa yung depensa ni junmar kapag naswitch. Sana mas exciting bukas.