Marvel is just showing teasers of their Netflix shows and not even proper trailers yet and the internet is already losing it's mind. Goes to show how much invested people are and how much goodwill they have earned from both Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Edited by This_Is_The_End
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anybody saw the first season of Iron Fist already? What do you think? For some reason this show is being savaged by critics with it standing currently at 16% sa Rotten Tomatoes whereas audience score is at 86%. IMDB currently pegs it at 8.1 while the score aggregator Metacritic has it at 36% for critics and 6.0 for users.

I have a baseless hunch that critics eyed the show harshly because they see it as whitewashing. It did not subscribe to the PC narrative. There were petitions to make Danny Rand Asian which is also racist if you think about it.

Anyway, without spoiling anything, I think overall it was fine. It's far from the precedent made by the first season of Daredevil but it's nowhere near unwatchable as some entertainment outlets make it out to be. I'd put this over Luke Cage since I think Iron Fist had a better latter half than Luke Cage.

Edited by This_Is_The_End
  • 1 month later...

done watching season 1.....Jessica Henwick is pretty!...its a great TV show!.. same as in the comics...

2smJH.jpg

When Danny Rand was 10-years old, he survived a mysterious plane crash that claimed the lives of his extremely wealthy parents. Rescued by warrior monks, Danny grew up in the of city of K'un-Lun, where he endured harsh conditions, but also trained to be a fierce warrior. Years later, Danny returns home to New York, where he wants to reconnect with his past and take his rightful place at his family's company, which is being run by his father's former business partner. Danny hopes to restore his family legacy by defeating the people who threaten it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...