2pSkR.jpg

The Marvel Cinematic Universe needs mutants, but since Fox is making X-Men movies and won’t be stopping any time soon, it's the Inhumans who will have to fill that gap.

The announced cast members of The Inhumans.

Anson Mount ("Hell on Wheels") as Black Bolt, Iwan Rheon ("Game of Thrones") as Maximus the Mad, and Serinda Swan ("Smallville") as Medusa.

2pSju.png 
Ewe Ikwuakor, Isabelle Cornish, Mike Moh and Sonya Balmores are playing Gorgon, Crystal, Triton and Auran respectively.

2pSjr.jpg

Who's excited for this one? :P

fb_214x178-3.jpg

Edited by Mr. White
I added Marvel's in the title for familiarity. :P

The premiere date in the poster above is not updated, as I double-checked online, this show will start airing in Fall 2017, and not in 2018. Anyway, since Marvel can't make X-Men movies or tv shows, they have a chance to make another superhero group popular with the Inhumans. Marvel was able to make Guardians of the Galaxy hugely successful in the movies, so they can continue their winning streak by making the Inhumans a big hit on tv as well.

I have mixed feelings with The Inhumans' status in the cinematic universe. They are kinda being relegated, to put it bluntly, as second-stringers to the mutantverse. The popular thought since Marvel blew up in mainstream consciousness is since they can't have the X-Men, they'll fill that big whole with the Inhumans. It sounded like if Marvel got the rights back to the X-Men a few years back, there would have been no push for the Inhumans. On the other hand, it's fortuitous that they didn't since the Inhumans are great characters although I always imagined them as part of the cosmic lineup than an Earth-based group.

Anyway, that's just a personal gripe and doesn't necessarily reflect my opinion on the TV show. I hope it's great. It would be interesting how they would go around the fact that Black Bolt doesn't talk and just telepathically communicates with his wife (or any other telepath). The actor would have to rely on facial expressions and I hope he nails it. Anyway, it appears to be an ensemble cast so there's more than one character to follow so it wouldn't be Black Bolt 90% of the time.

• 1 month later...

Miles Straume and Ramsay Bolton! Ken Leung is a very underrated character actor. I'm rooting for this guy and the fact that he's playing Karnak just sold me to this show. Iwan Rheon is another good casting I think. Maximus isn't a straight-out villain, he flops around between being an ally and an antagonist whenever it suits him and Iwan might just pull that off if his work on Misfits and Game of Thrones are to be considered.

And where's Lockjaw? :)